• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help identifying missing component

Hi,
I'm a new NSX owner and was troubleshooting my malfunctioning antilock brakes and noticed a hole where a component used to be installed. I cannot find a picture or diagram that identifies all of the components under the front hood/bonnet. I took a pic of the area that has a mounting bracket and a hose that attaches to something. there is also a cable that attaches to some sort of rotating arm. The cable end was disconnected and I reconnected it to the armature. I have no idea what should be installed here. Can anyone help with this mystery?
It's just to the right of center on the bulkhead. Here is a closeup shot of the area and hoses. For some reason my pic uploads rotated. It should be rotated clockwise 90 degrees for proper orientation. The left side of this pic should be pointed up.
Thanks!
attachment.php

Attachments

• 20161106_185248.jpg
    20161106_185248.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 248
Your heater has been deconnected and bypassed ! The two hoses are the in and out of the coolant to your heater. The valve is the heater valve. Normally there is something like an aluminium Y that is here to lead a little bit of coolant from the main coolant hose to the heater. Did you know that when you bought the car ? By chance you do not need to heat the cabin in Abu Dhabi :wink:

Your ABS problem has nothing to see with that.

Thanks for the great replies! Mystery solved! lol You're right Asylum, I will probably never need the heater in Abu Dhabi. It's strange that the car came from Toronto, Cananda though with the heater bypassed.

@NSXAD When it snows here, the roads get salted (also clearance issues, MR layout etc.). Perhaps, the owner did not drive it in the winter therefore he/she did not have a need for the heater?

Anyways, congrats on ownership! I picked up my NSX about 3-months ago and it's been great. Too bad the cold weather is approaching here. :(

EDIT: [MENTION=32764]NSXAD[/MENTION] Where did you find this car? I am just wondering how I missed this particular car when I was searching for mine.

Last edited:
Back