• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help migrating verizon.net email to yahoo

I'll be losing my verizon.net email address soon so I set up a new yahoo account. Anybody know if there is an easy way to migrate all of my old emails? I found a tool on-line, but, lucky for me, they stopped supporting the app earlier this year. Thanks. Don

Are you using an email client (like Outlook or Windows Mail) to access your verizon email? Or a browser based client? If the former, then it should be the case that all your email is stored locally on your computer as it gets downloaded from Verizon. So it's not going anywhere if you switch to Yahoo. If webbased, you're not going to be able to migrate it to yahoo without forwarding all of it, there's no way to "upload" your email to another service. You also may want to consider switching to Gmail (From Google) or Outlook.com (from Microsoft) rather than Yahoo.

Now I'm browser based. This is probably a stupid question, but can I switch to an email client (Outlook/Windows Mail) now to save my emails?

Don you use email....I thought you only wrote and mailed letters on fine parchment.

Going to give it a shot. Cost of stamps is becoming prohibitive....

Do what bailey does. Make the return address the person you are mailing, address the envelope to yourself, don't put postage on it and the post office will "return to sender" for you for free.

Darn it how come i never thought of this

zaid

do what bailey does. Make the return address the person you are mailing, address the envelope to yourself, don't put postage on it and the post office will "return to sender" for you for free.

Going to give it a shot. Cost of stamps is becoming prohibitive....

I stocked up on "Forever" stamps when they were 42c each. I'm making a fortune.

For the email, like some have said you will want to set up a client like Outlook to download the email. After that, you can connect your email client to your new account and copy everything back up. Or just leave it offline.

thanks folks. Rob got me squared away with Outlook after fighting with Verizon for over an hour. Turns out their online help is not so helpfull. They provide the prootocols for linking verizon email but not if you use yahoo as your verizon email host. Took a while but we figured it out. I'm back in business.

Back