• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Help On Deciding On Next Super Car!

Hey guys so i'm ready to purchase my next super car (after the NSX of course) My only worry is the reliability of the car from driving more than once a week. I like the F430 but scared how it will hold up being driven most of the summer. Im liking the R8 but i feel its kinda underpowered for the $$$. Anyone have any idea's for me???

Concerned about being underpowered? How about an Ariel Atom:

Ariel-Atom-2-Clarkson.jpg

Hahaha on the T-Rex... Definetly plan on having one for next summer as they are getting to be cheaper now a days. As for the Pagani Zonda Roadster... that is my dream car... but i need to keep this purchase under $175k :(

Maybe a nice Gallardo? What is your budget?

Want something really radical that could give you the open wheel race car feeling, get a Campagna T-Rex !!!

I have a wealthy friend that had one for his condo in Vancouver and one here in Toronto... ended up returning both of them after one summer because he complained about them breaking down alot from driving them around often... the clutch's only last about 10K :mad:

I have a wealthy friend that had one for his condo in Vancouver and one here in Toronto... ended up returning both of them after one summer because he complained about them breaking down alot from driving them around often... the clutch's only last about 10K :mad:

Did he have the Egear or manual transmission? The manual would last longer than the Egear.

i would assume you want an open-air car to enjoy in the summer? are you set on a hyper exotic car for the 'stirring of the soul' feeling or just driving pleasure? coupe or convertible or t-top?

'hypercar' choices:

ariel atom
t-rex
f360 (coupe or convert) (ferrari maintenance - good option for low prices)
f430 (coupe or convert) (ferrari maintenance)
gallardo (coupe or convert) (pretty good fit - maintenance for 6-speeds shouldn't be that much)
mercieligo (coupe or convert) (maybe a little much - high maintenance)
corvette z06? - zR1? (great performance for a great price)
noble m12 (pure and raw)
noble m14/noble m400 (pure and raw fun in a coupe - should be somewhat reliable)
mercedes sl amg's? (the luxury cruisers)
porsche gt2? gt3? turbo convert? (p-car?)
viper? (a little bit of a handful)
ford gt? (supposed to be very cumbersome and difficult to enjoy)
audi r8 with a v8 or v10...
skyline gtr

I'd go for a very lightly used 360. I think it's a better value for the money at the moment vs the 430. Besides AM's etc., no AMG or Audi is going to compare to even a slightly aged Ferrari in overall ownership experience IMO. I did drive a brand spanking new drop top DB9 about a month ago and it's one of the very few cars that has really taken my breath away. The sound at just 2k rpms is intoxicating. It wasn't my car so I didn't get on it too hard but it was definitely sporty enough to enjoy.

Audi R8 for sure! I've driven both the Gallardo and R8 and to me the R8 is more NSX-ish. I like that its still rare and is a baby Gallardo.

What do you plan to do with the car? It is a date night car? wknd drives car? track car? Do you plan to mod it? Is this going to be your 3rd or 4th or 5th car in the Garage? Do you plan to do wknd trips in it? How long do you plan to keep it? All those details are important.

For eg, if you ever plan to track it then a Gallardo is out of the question. I would look for a GT3 RS. If not then I would go with F430 or 360CS or possibly a LP560. R8 is IMHO Ok styling with weak motor. It is slower than a 911S. That ISNOT supercar performance.

Wknd trips - Better forget the Gallardo/LP560.

Personally - I would say F430>GT3RS>CS=LP560>>>R8

R8 is what I'm thinking about as my next car assuming they seem to hold up well enough. A Ford GT would be nice as well.

I love the look of the R8. Great looking car - it looks mean. Its on my short list for my next car, as is the F360... Ferrari maintenance makes me queasy, however.

For an easier-to-live-with car, the R8 in V10 if those are avail yet.

For a badass raw fun car, the 360 Challenge Stradale.

For something in between, an F430 or Gallardo.

To be the coolest kid on this block, import an NSX-R

If it were me, I'd get a nice 360 for $70k and save the dough for 12-18 months. You ought to be able to get a Carrera GT for low 200s in the near future.

What do you plan to do with the car? It is a date night car? wknd drives car? track car? Do you plan to mod it? Is this going to be your 3rd or 4th or 5th car in the Garage? Do you plan to do wknd trips in it? How long do you plan to keep it? All those details are important.

For eg, if you ever plan to track it then a Gallardo is out of the question. I would look for a GT3 RS. If not then I would go with F430 or 360CS or possibly a LP560. R8 is IMHO Ok styling with weak motor. It is slower than a 911S. That ISNOT supercar performance.

Wknd trips - Better forget the Gallardo/LP560.

Personally - I would say F430>GT3RS>CS=LP560>>>R8

This car will be my 4th car in the garage... (05 745LI, 64 Continental and 92 NSX) all highly modded lol. I want it just for summer enjoyment, and i definetly plan on moding the shit out of it lol. I doubt il be tracking it tho. I wish the new DBS or 599 GTB where in my budget haha! Im leaning towards the F430 even tho the 360 Stradale is an amazing machine... Iv never liked the P cars for the price range because there's so much more i think u can get for the money. I like the DB9 or Vanquish for the every day cruiser but you cant compare them to taking out the F430 for the night in town or the weekend cruise. Alot of my friends are saying the R8 and the only reason im considering it is Hennesey Performance 700hp kit :) And iv seen a few Supperleggera's in the price range that makes me think twice about everything... This is a pretty tough choice i think

Is your budget amount in US or Canadian currency?

I plan on buying the car from the states but i have to consider the tax and import fees but its USD.

Exactly ,your budget needs to include a lot of extras if you are importing

Back