• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help: removing rear center panel...

Hey guys!

I have moisture in the rear center panel that says 'acura' I was wondering if there was a link, or if someone knew how to remove the red lense cover from the body of the plastic (not off of the car, but from the piece itself).

I basically need tips on softening the factory seal/glue. I was even told by one person that you could stick it in the oven at 200 degrees for about 5 minutes, but un-less I hear it here as well...SCREW that idea!

While I'm in there, I was planning on removing the "acura" sticker and maybe leaving it blank or using a "Honda" sticker instead.

Please help me if you can!

thanks,
Allen

There use to be a write-up in the FAQs on removing the "Acura" logo. It covered the whole process.

The hard part is obviously releasing the glue holding the red lens to its housing.
Place the whole unit in a pot filled with water just enough to cover the bottom and sides. Do not place the piece with the lens down as the lens could be heat damaged. Heat the water and lens piece until the glue softens and gently work the lens off of its housing.

Reseal with silicone.

The other hassle can be removing the screw fasteners that hold the trunk trim in place. These have a tendency not to release.

well if you just want an easy way to get rid of the moisture, take a tiny drill bit and drill a couple of miniscule holes in the bottom of the lens. the water will have a place to escape and evaporate. several people including myself have done this, its invisible and no more condensation problems.

Back