• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help. Tire recommendation for G30

A friend just got a 2003 Infinity G30 coup with 18" wheels. The factory tire size is

Front = 225-45/18, Rear = 245-45/18.

She must drive the car all year round in Pennsylvania, so that means some snow and ice. She was going to get ES-100's , which I have on my NSX and like, but I think shw needs an all-season tire. A tire-rack search shows only Michilin Pilots. Is the size specific to only one brand. If so, what would be safe to deviate so as to have more brands to choose from?

What would you recommend as a reasonably priced all-season tire for this car.

Thanks
MikeC

mikec said:
What would you recommend as a reasonably priced all-season tire for this car.
In both these sizes, the Tire Rack lists two very good tires in their "ultra high performance all-season" category (and none in the lower performance all-season categories):

Avon Tech M550 A/S $136F/$148R
Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position $210F/$218R

The RE960AS is new to the market so you won't see test results or survey results on the site. The Avon has done well in their side-by-side testing, coming very close to the highly-regarded Bridgestone RE950, and obviously the price is right. I've heard a lot of good things about the Avon, and I'm sure the Bridgestone is very good too. But with the significant price differential, the Avon would be my recommendation.

P.S. I think the reason these tires didn't pop up when you searched the Tire Rack website, and only the Michelin Pilot did, is that you clicked on "VIEW OE TIRES" (which only displays the tires that were supplied on cars as they left the factory) instead of "VIEW MATCHING FRONT & REAR PAIRS".

Last edited:
Back