• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help. Vibration at 1200-1500 rpm.

I test-drove a 99 NSX-T today. At 1st gear starting, I can feel the vibration from the engine to wheel. However, the car runs great after it pass 2000 rpm. When idling, there is obvious vibration(you can see the wheel shaking) when I gas from 1200 to 1500 rpm. When I keep the rpm at 1500, the vibration stays there. It disappears at around 2000 rpm. The sales person and tech told me ALL NSX are like that. It completely NORMAL. I had many Hondas, and currently have a S2000 and a MDX. All of my Honda engines are smooth. I doubt that it's normal, but just in case I was wrong; I thought I should get some opinions on this. Any input?

jas303 said:
I test-drove a 99 NSX-T today. At 1st gear starting, I can feel the vibration from the engine to wheel. However, the car runs great after it pass 2000 rpm. When idling, there is obvious vibration(you can see the wheel shaking) when I gas from 1200 to 1500 rpm. When I keep the rpm at 1500, the vibration stays there. It disappears at around 2000 rpm. The sales person and tech told me ALL NSX are like that. It completely NORMAL. I had many Hondas, and currently have a S2000 and a MDX. All of my Honda engines are smooth. I doubt that it's normal, but just in case I was wrong; I thought I should get some opinions on this. Any input?

I was asking the same question last month before I bought mine. Several expert NSX'ers here assured me that is normal and it was. It runs like a champ beyond 2000 rpm.

Back