• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help with Forum rules

I've searched, but after having a response to a 'Wanted' ad deleted, I'm not feeling too motivated to spend an hour finding the answer.

Why can one not 'do the deal' so to speak in the 'Wanted' section. ie: negotiate, post pics, have general communication until the deal is closed?

What is the stage?

Poster says: I want xxx
Responder says: Conctact me via pm or email
end of want ad?

Can anyone help with how the transaction should play out within forum guidelines?

johnny010 said:
... I'm not feeling too motivated to spend an hour finding the answer.....
That doesn't exactly inspire motivation on my part to have to spend my time instead to spoon feed you John.
However .....
I did not moderate your thread in question but in reviewing am completely aligned with the mod who did.
You had already identified your interest in the thread in an initial post, including a link to your own listing in the 'for sale' forum. Your subsequent post was mostly just 'chat' in trying to boost your sale - having identified mutual (or not) interest there is absolutely no reason to conduct your ongoing negotiation or exchange of information in the public forum.

The forum is a means of bringing interested parties together, not a chat forum. An observation that would be easy to draw is that if communication is not taking place privately, there is little likelihood in fulfillment of a deal.

Back