• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need help!

Trying to do an audio install on my 91 and need to run the amp power wire from my battery to the amp in the cabin. Where is the best location to access the cabin to run the wire in? Thanks

passengerside front firewall when you look under next to the blower you will see a rubber grommet that's the money spot

or run a positive power wire from the rear fuse box near the coolant reserve, that raw power from the battery and since your amp is behind the seat it thru the hole right to the amp

or run a positive power wire from the rear fuse box near the coolant reserve, that raw power from the battery and since your amp is behind the seat it thru the hole right to the amp
I'm struggling a little with shawn's sentence structure above but I agree that this is the best approach if you really are installing the amp behind the driver seat, which is what I did. The fuse box offers some nice large screw down connectors and I mounted my inline fuse on the angle metal piece just beside the fuse box. Then remove the aircleaner box and route the wire underneath and behind the carbon cannister and there's a nice large grommet in the firewall up behind the driver's seat. However, in order to get to it you'll have to remove the firewall panels and IIRC, whatever the module is that's at the top of the firewall closest to the outside of the car. This should give you enough room to reach in and thread the cable through the grommet. There's lots of places to route the cable along the firewall and support it. There are also a number of convenient ground locations as well which will make the ground cable very short. Also good access to run audio and speaker wiring through the center tunnel.

Back