• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need help

I installed H&R springs on my 91 last week and I need get an alignment done. Every shop I have been to here in the North Alabama region (including the honda and acura dealership) seems to have the lift that you drive up on. I don't think my chin spoiler will clear the ramp without scraping. Any suggestions as to what kind of lift or ramp will clear my undercarriage so I can successfully get an alignment done?

Thanks

Get two 4' sections of 2X12 and cut an angle on the ends, use as secondary ramps to get on the allignment rack. Or remove your chin spoiler.
Worked for me.

Gary

I went to a truck spring and alignment shop they have the kind of lift that is even with the floor . Because those trucks are so heavy they dont drive up on any thing kind of like the oil change bays where you just drive in and the guy is in the hole down bellow.

I've found that 2x4's require a lot more care in steering because they're so much narrower than the tires, and as a result they don't seem as secure. I've found the 2x12's to be much easier to use.

Depending on the length of the first, swivel part of the ramp onto the lift, you may be able to get by with a length of 2x12 shorter than the 4' Gary mentions. You may find that a 2' length works fine.

Back