• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEED HELP

NEW OWNER OF NSX IN KANSAS CITY AREA IN SERCH OF SERVICE,MY AC QUIT BLOWING COLD.MY LOCAL ACURA DEALER CHECKED IT AND SAID IT WOULD COST $2400 TO FIX!?!DO I HAVE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVES.WERE IS THE BEST PLACE IN KC TO TAKE MY NSX FOR SERVICE?

I just did 5k in repairs on my climate control system. Lud what is going on with the climate controls on these cars?

NEW OWNER OF NSX IN KANSAS CITY AREA IN SERCH OF SERVICE,MY AC QUIT BLOWING COLD.MY LOCAL ACURA DEALER CHECKED IT AND SAID IT WOULD COST $2400 TO FIX!?!DO I HAVE ANY OTHER ALTERNATIVES.WERE IS THE BEST PLACE IN KC TO TAKE MY NSX FOR SERVICE?

The air conditioners do occasionally break down. This amount is not unusual for an air conditioner repair. Your dealer probably knows what they're doing.

You COULD take it to an independent mechanic in your area... but I wouldn't. There are very, very few independents in the country who work on NSX's with enough regularity to be knowledgeable and familiar with problems that occur frequently, and unless you're in an area which has one (Phoenix, San Diego), you risk wasting your money.

Fact is, the NSX is extremely reliable, but not bulletproof. Sometimes the NSX requires repairs, and sometimes those repairs are expensive.

Back