• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need immediate help please!

Well, my 2003 clutch is totally slipping like crazy, I've heard from some members on prime, that I really only need a Friction Disk, Pressure plate, & the resurfacing of the flywheel to make this work & save some $$$. I'm trying to save as much funds as I possibly can, but at the same time would like to do it the right way. Also, if I were to purchase an aftermarket light flywheel would that work with an OEM friction & pressure plate?..

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

Hi John,

I can't answer all your questions, but I can tell you someone who can. Call Ramon over at Niguel Motors. He modifies and services a lot of the NSXs in the OC area and will definitely do the job right at the fairest price around. Explain the situation to him and he will work with you. You won't be sorry. His number is 949-348-2476.

Scott

Hey dude. What you're describing as a "cheap" way of getting your clutch done is not really the right way to go about it. In fact, I don't think that it would actually save you any money, anyway.

Having the Nsx's flywheel resurfaced is a waste of time, and you wouldn't just replace the friction disc, leaving an old flywheel either. You're just looking for clutch failure in the near future if you go that route.

scienceofspeed.com sells an oem replacement clutch kit, with both bearings, for less than the factory parts. Their clutch is actually better than the factory clutch in that it has higher pressure plate clamping force, yet maintains light pedal feel, and beautifully smooth engagement. You'll get both flywheels (primary and intermediate), two new friction discs, the pressure plate, and both the pilot and release bearings.

Talk to Chris at Science Of Speed, and he'll undoubtetly tell you that doing a clutch job without replacing ALL components is just the wrong way (and foolish) way to do it. I mean come on - you have an NSX, not a Pontiac Fiero for God's sake. Going cheap will cause major headaches in the long run.

Back