• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need info/opinions on Dali rotors

I have a 92 NSX that is a street only driven car. I would like to improve my braking, and would like opinions and personal experience info on the below.

I am looking at buying some rotors from Dali. The Xdrilled rotors, and the Vented/drilled rotors. I will be putting them on the front & rear.

I think that since I am not going to be under constant heavy braking, that either set of rotors will work. And that it will be a personal pref thing. However, I could not find any searches referring to the quality of the two Dali rotor types that I am considering.

I appreciate any, and all feedback.:smile:

I have a 92 NSX that is a street only driven car. I would like to improve my braking, and would like opinions and personal experience info on the below.

I am looking at buying some rotors from Dali. The Xdrilled rotors, and the Vented/drilled rotors. I will be putting them on the front & rear.

I think that since I am not going to be under constant heavy braking, that either set of rotors will work. And that it will be a personal pref thing. However, I could not find any searches referring to the quality of the two Dali rotor types that I am considering.

I appreciate any, and all feedback.:smile:

Neither will "improve the braking". What are you after? You say that you will not be under constant heavy breaking, so are you after looks? If you want a better bite then get a non-OEM street pad. If it's for looks either one - but just know that you won't see any better performance (feel, stopping distance, etc) by replacing just the rotors .

Last edited:
Slotted rotors do improve the 'bite' (while also increasing pad wear), but will not greatly improve your overall braking performance.

Billy

There is a good chance they'll have no effect on braking, particularly if once paid for they are never shipped to you. They may greatly affect your stress level, however.

Always good to have another Dali Roulette player. Welcome.

Your car is getting older, as is mine. I have replaced my rotors with drilled and slotted ones and have seen no improvement (they look nice with the zinc plating though). I have also replaced the pads with high performance street pads, Hawk HPS. Still no real improvement. From others here with high mileage older cars I have come to the conclusion that rebuilding my calipers is the way to go. Dali offers rebuild kits that are very reasonably priced. Happy Motoring!

I currently have the Hawk HPS pads as well. But if I'm not going to see any better braking from those rotors, then it's probably not a good buy for me. I may as well save my money up for a BBK.:redface:

I purchased the Dali upgrade kit (pads, fluid, drilled rotors, and steel brake lines) a few years back - the parts were all good, with the exception of the brake rotors. They were warped and out of spec within 6 months, they're produced with soft metal, and wear down very quickly (I also experienced hot spotting).

I would suggest going with a more reputable brand for brake discs; OEM, powerslot, brembo, bradi all come to mind.

WRT braking performance... steel brake lines and a fluid flush, as well as a quality set of pads, will do wonders.

I purchased the Dali upgrade kit (pads, fluid, drilled rotors, and steel brake lines) a few years back - the parts were all good, with the exception of the brake rotors. They were warped and out of spec within 6 months, they're produced with soft metal, and wear down very quickly (I also experienced hot spotting).

I would suggest going with a more reputable brand for brake discs; OEM, powerslot, brembo, bradi all come to mind.

WRT braking performance... steel brake lines and a fluid flush, as well as a quality set of pads, will do wonders.

AFAIK Dali rotors are made by Powerslot.

To the OP: I'd avoid almost all drilled rotors since most are literally drilled and in fact compromise the strength of the rotor. High-end drilled rotors actually have the holes cast in them.

My Dali rotors cracked at the holes and I decided to go with the slotted. I can't testify as to any braking improvement but from what I understand the slots do help in preventing uneven pad material buildup.

I now run the Dali Racing Brake BBK in the front and Dali slotted rotors with OEM pads in the rear. I'm very happy with that setup.

I went with this upgrade the offered by SOS.
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/NSX/Racing_Brake/NA2_upgrade/

It will bring your 1992 rotor size up to the larger 1997 (NA2) size.
I added a new set of SOS stainless steel brake lines http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/braking_performance_parts/NSX/brake_lines/ that have a clear plastic coating, new Motul brake fluid and a set of Axxis Ultimate pads, as suggest by LarryB at the time, and got a noticeable braking improvement over my stock brakes. Glad I did it.

daliracing.com

They carry a bunch of NSX OEM and non-OEM parts for our cars. You can't argue their prices. Even the Acura dealers recommended here couldn't beat Dali's prices on caliper rebuild kits. Happy Mtoring!

sorry....it was attempt at sarcasm.....

daliracing.com

They carry a bunch of NSX OEM and non-OEM parts for our cars. You can't argue their prices. Even the Acura dealers recommended here couldn't beat Dali's prices on caliper rebuild kits. Happy Mtoring!

Dali's products and pricing are really second to none in the NSX community but his customer service has been discussed extensively. Do a search.

FWIW Dali's always done right by me; in fact, he's gone above and beyond for me many times.

Back