• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need introduction to circuit racing

Not sure if this is in the right section but thought this would be the best place for it. I've been searching around on prime and have some what of an idea but, I have never even seen a circuit track besides on tv

I would like to get into driving on the circuit but have no idea where to even begin. I'm no stranger to the drag track but driving in a straight line just isn't really catching my attention anymore.

Is there any pointers ppl can give to get me in the right direction all help would be greatly appreciated! Thx in advance

Go to the NSX Track Talk forum and ask around there. Join one of many car clubs in your area that do Driver Education aka learning to drive a car on the track at pace. Some clubs such as certain Porsche and BMW clubs let other car marques attend as long as you pay your dues.

Good luck,

Tytus

My simple answer is sign up for a beginner school at watkins glen with trackmaster in 2012. You can find them on line.

Thx for the advise I will look into that stuff. I was looking at the bertil Roos school anyone have any insight on them, also how do you guys prepare for track days like tools, equipment etc

As an intro to open wheel racing the bertil roos school at pocono is close and well run.Knowing what I know now I would advise you to do the beginner school in your own car first which will give you the fundamentals of hpde in a low key mellow environment,and you will have an instructer talking to you in your car real-time.. You will get the most from the open wheel schools after you have had some track time learning basics.remember single seat schools are lead follow and chalk talks,you need to now the basics to get any help from racers telling you what you did wrong from the sidelines.

Last edited:
Great point you made! I will try to get out to the track early next season and see where that takes me. As of right now I have two options to take as a personal car my brother owns an s2000 which I hear are pretty nice on the track and my personal car

Watkins Glen is really close to you in NY, so I'd try starting there to see what is offered at that track first.

I do a lot of events at Summit Point Motorsports Park in WV. I think it's a great track, I tend to do FATT and HPDE events. FATT is (Friday at The Track). You can Google Summit Point FATT to learn more. It's a very good starting point.

Back