• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need New Shocks and Springs

I need standard Springs and Shocks for 2003 NSX with 113,000 mile. Dealer cannot locate original, so need recommendations for another source and replacement. Previous owner had Springs that significantly lowered the car causing body scraping and excessive tire wear. Dealer suggests I replace both Springs and Shocks. I just do regular street driving and looking for best comfortable, sustainable ride. Thanks.

I just ordered Zanardi springs from Mita and Bilstein shocks from SoS.

Keep in mind that the front Zanardi springs will eventually blow out the Bils on the stock valving- spring rate is too high. The Bils are so inexpensive though, that it may be worth it just to rebuild them when they die.

I need standard Springs and Shocks for 2003 NSX with 113,000 mile. Dealer cannot locate original, so need recommendations for another source and replacement. Previous owner had Springs that significantly lowered the car causing body scraping and excessive tire wear. Dealer suggests I replace both Springs and Shocks. I just do regular street driving and looking for best comfortable, sustainable ride. Thanks.
You can order the factory suspension from MITA or Amayama. It's still available.

Keep in mind that the front Zanardi springs will eventually blow out the Bils on the stock valving- spring rate is too high.

Had that on my 2005 and it seemed good. Car won't get driven a lot anyway.

Seems like stiff springs would actually make it easier on the shocks, since with any given force applied they compress less.

But I could be wrong...

Had that on my 2005 and it seemed good. Car won't get driven a lot anyway.

Seems like stiff springs would actually make it easier on the shocks, since with any given force applied they compress less.

But I could be wrong...
You should be fine. :)

It's the rebound- the force of the springs rebounding overwhelms the shock piston. @docjohn blew out a set this way long ago... ;)

Hi, Thanks for all of your responses. I have ordered a full suspension system from Mita Motorsports. Cost is $2500 including shipment. Dealer has quoted Labor at $1200. I appreciate all of your feedback and guidance with this.

Hi, Thanks for all of your responses. I have ordered a full suspension system from Mita Motorsports. Cost is $2500 including shipment. Dealer has quoted Labor at $1200. I appreciate all of your feedback and guidance with this.
Nice choice.

Back