• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

need "quieter" 12 volt water pump for aftercooler

I have a sherwood aquatiger pump on my aftercooler which works fine but its waaaay loud. I have rubber washers doubled up under the mount and still unacceptably loud. Between that chattering paxton and the water pump my car sounds like a 76 datsun. what are the alternatives for a quieter pump? any leads are appreciated.
thanks
woody

they only cost $125 new, we can work something out if I find a quiet replacement

Try the pump that comes with the Comptech S2000 aftercooler kit. I listened to the pump run before I secured it behind the bumper and it was fairly quiet.

woody,

i have whatever pump MB supplies wiwth the aftercooler setup. it's from summitracing. I can look on the pump i fyou are interested, it is noticeable ONLY if the engine is off. once the motor is running it is completely unnoticeable.

have whatever pump MB supplies wiwth the aftercooler setup. it's from summitracing. I can look on the pump i fyou are interested, it is noticeable ONLY if the engine is off. once the motor is running it is completely unnoticeable.

could you check the brand/model number? thanks

Back