• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need recommendation on keyless entry for my '97

you dont want the OEM?

if not just dont get anything made by Clifford. Junnnnnkkkkkkk..

I had an Alpine Alarm in mine when I got it but it shorted the main relay out etc. etc

so no Alpine or Clifford.

the next gen Vipers are out with 1-2 mile range transponders all the bells and whistles and upgradeable remote start etc. etc

you dont want the OEM?

I had an Alpine Alarm in mine when I got it but it shorted the main relay out etc. etc

the next gen Vipers are out with 1-2 mile range transponders all the bells and whistles and upgradeable remote start etc. etc

oem is discontinued, but I was able to obtain one :).

B@t

you dont want the OEM?

Clifford, Viper and Python are all made by the same company, Directed. all of them have the same parts and looks, just a different name printed on the remotes

a bit off topic, but most of my previous cars were installed with different aftermakert alarms and after a short while, the cars would have electrical problems, battery went dead, false alarms and such, so my last two sports cars (the M3 and the NSX), I keep the OEM alarm systems. No more aftermarket alarms for me.

a bit off topic, but most of my previous cars were installed with different aftermakert alarms and after a short while, the cars would have electrical problems, battery went dead, false alarms and such, so my last two sports cars (the M3 and the NSX), I keep the OEM alarm systems. No more aftermarket alarms for me.

I think it all depends on who installs it vs the unit itself. From experience anything from DEI/directed is pretty decent. You just need to spend the extra money and get it installed by a real professional and not the people for example at best buy that just take a simple class on how to install electronics

I just finished my install of my 99 using a Clifford. I think the quality installation is very important and I did a stealth install so no wiring is visible and it all looks stock if you were to look under.

For keyless it works great, plus I like to have the added bonus of paging.

I ran into the same issue with OEM being out of stock and not so easy to find.

I have a Compustar Pro as recommended by Angus. It was professionally installed and works perfectly. Has a 2 way remote, works the door locks and trunk, activates the factory blinker in the drivers door, has an ignition cut out if activated, uses the factory switches in the hood, trunk and engine cover to trigger the alarm if forced (no Disneyland door switches drilled into rad support etc.) and does not drain the battery. Have had it for 8 months so I hope that long term it continues to perform as well as it does now.

Peter

has anyone looked into auto-innovatio.com. i saw the youtube video and looks good. and is affordable

You can get the Clifford 50.7x for about $225 shipped with remote start and the newer 1 mile page system, a good install would run $250 to $300 labor with remote start. around $500 total for a good remote start pager alarm is pretty affordable imo

Back