• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need references for a Chicago-area dealer

I'm considering the purchase of an NSX from The Last Detail in Chicago. Since I live in NY, I will be relying solely on their representation and a few .jpgs to decide whether to fly out to inspect and possibly
purchase the car.

If you have had prior dealings with The Last Detail I'd welcome any comments you might have about them.

Thanks,
-Russ Salerno

Talk to Steven Jenkins who works there. He is an NSX owner himself and I do not think he would steer you wrong.

I agree with Lud. Steve is extremely knowledgeable about NSX's. Even though he might be the person at the Last Detail with whom you're dealing, I can assure you that you can trust him 100 percent.

Suggestion: If you decide to buy the car, fly in on October 17 and drive it to NSXPO 2001 nearby. Then at the end of the weekend, you can drive home in your new car, or you can have it shipped from The Last Detail.

Thanks for the replies. I'm actually weighing the car at The Last Detail against one that is for sale privately by Jim DiGeorgio of MA. Both are 91s, 5 spd, same color, excellent condition. The former is a 34k mi snap ring car, no factory CD, and has an explainable odometer discrepancy (DMV data entry error, later corrected) offered at $35.9k.

Jim's car is a 22k non-snap ring car, only flaw is a 1.5" scratch on one front wheel, offered at $40k. It also has new Yokos, factory CD and a smartenna.

Any thoughts as to which car is a better choice?

Russ

[This message has been edited by Russ (edited 10 September 2001).]

uh,, err, ahhemm, Theyre the best!!
smile.gif

Back