• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some advice for a new clutch problem

My car is in a shop right now. I ordered and had a new OEM clutch kit sent into them. They put it in yesterday, lined the disc up as the imprint states, new T/O bearing, new flywheel, and new pressure plate.

The problem....
The second disc (furthest from the flywheel) will not fully disengage, we notice 3 hot spots on the pads.

The clutch pedal is firm, never showed signs of air or drag, very responsive... no obvious problems.

The second disc is a little thinner then the front disc, I assume this is by design.

I search the FAQ and lots of post on clutches, trying to find anything that sounded like my prolem, but I did not find anything.

So, I am hopeing you guys can give me some advice on what it might be.

Thanks, :)
Tommy

The clutch is not initialized properly. Download the service manual on line and perform the procedure. You can do this while the trans is in the car. There is no need to pull the trasn and I am sure the new clutch is OK.

I am traveling on business at the moment, but PM me if you want to discuss this in detail tomorrow:).

HTH,
LarryB

Back