• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need some help with side duct vents

I know it may be a silly question but I just got word back from the body shop to do some black on my car, I am painting my side air duct vents and was wondering what's the best way to remove them is it a big pain in the azz or is it quick and simple ect ect. Idk if there is a thread I just got the call and thought I would jump on and just ask on hear, any help would be great thanks.

There's a thread somewhere. The person with the smallest hands will have the advantage. I forget what size but a box wrench or the wrench that has double sides with one open and the other side offset and a closed circle will fit on one of those nuts.

Remove the rear tires and the fender liners and stick your hand in there. There are 2 nuts holding them on (top and bottom) and should be able to remove them with out tools provided your hands fit in there. It doesnt take that long to do nor is it that difficult.

Remove the rear tires and the fender liners and stick your hand in there. There are 2 nuts holding them on (top and bottom) and should be able to remove them with out tools provided your hands fit in there. It doesnt take that long to do nor is it that difficult.

^Pretty much what he said. You should be able to unscrew them just fine but putting them back on is the real challenge.

you may need some poly grips just to loosen them but after that your fingers should do it

a 7/8" box wrench cut in half works great along with a volunteer with very skinny arms/hands. I've done it on 3 cars now and my cousin's Asian wife is my volunteer of choice.

Back