• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need "sound" info???

Upon the change of the Bose stereo system and it's speaker w/amps in them in the doors and who knows what they have in the center console at my shoulder;What are the choices that anyone who has made the change. Please be specific size/location/brand /price /performance etc.???? TIA

------------------

Kept the stock head unit, replaced the door speakers with infinity mounted in bose enclosures.Replaced the Subwoofer with a 7 inch kicker in passenger kick panel, had box built for kick panel that is exact replica of the stock bose box (you can't tell it is there) kept stock center console speaker, used 75watt 4 channel alpine amp mounted in the small area the in the trunk where the tools were. The stereo is twice as strong with much more bass. You can't tell it is there and it cost about $1200. The guy that did it can give you specs.. Ron Gaylord.501.
443.3064. This is just above the cost of the factory door amp/speaker that went out on me.
Retail $955. Bose is trash.

Theres parts of this stereo at the passengers feet too??I like the keep it stock look thing.And like the price too.Sounds like some smart engineering.

------------------

Steve,

$1200 sounds like a great price (was that with labor or did you do it yourself), also, what state did you get it done in? By the way, my Bose speakers just went out on me and I had to get them repaired (I thought Bose would done a better job but apparently this happens all the time). Thanks for the info.

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

My mistake,

I actually wanted to say that I thought the Bose design *should* have been better (but it is really horrible) I got the speakers out and sent them to World of Sound in Florida. They repaired them and have a one day turn time (I got them back the same week!) I dont want this to happen again as I plan on having this car for another 10 years, so I am looking at aftermarket ideas (Thanks Steve).

------------------
1992 NSX Red-Black 5-Speed

Here is what I did, chuck the door & factory sub (just put them in a box and store them in your basement, they will sound better there ).
Keep the head unit add a line level converter (PAC work well) and a four channel amp. Make sure the amp is small, I remounted my amp in the factory sub location of the passenger foot well. Now here is the important part that makes the biggest change, use a good set of 8" component separates speakers in the door locations, this will require some mods, but nothing to difficult. The key is to make sure the drivers are sealed to the door panel to make sure no air can move from the front of the speaker to the back. I sealed mine with a non-porous high density foam.
Hook the front left and right channels from the amp to the door speakers, then bridge the two rear channels and run that to the center channel speaker in the compartment by the center console. Set the input level on rear channels of the amp considerable lower than the fronts, and set the entire system for your max listening level = to volume knob of the head unit pointing at 1:00.

If you need more detail or a parts list email me, I have been putting simple stealth systems in my cars for years, and you dont need 12" woofers and 14 speakers or 2000 watts to make have an excellent sound for your excellent car. I will send you pictures and detailed instructions if you need them.
The difference from stock is so noticable that many people cant believe I do not have a Sub and everyone asks where are all the speakers. I tell them it is not hard to hide three speakers!

I do many NSX sound system upgrades. What I find that sounds the best in the tight subwoofer location is a Nakamichi 10 sub. There are many amp and speaker choices depending on your music preferences. My store for a limited time will offer NSX prime members overstocked equipment at 5% over dealer cost. You will never find a better deal or better advice. Visit www.buzz-off.com or feel free to call (813)882-8477

Back