• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need transmission repair shop recommendations

Hi Guys and Gals,

I am looking for a place that will repair the transmission on a 99 Acura TL. Cheapest prices is what I am looking for and of course a good job on the car.
From what I been reading the torque converter is what goes on it and the filter and some soft parts need to be replaced.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Eddie! Hey, wherever you end up taking it make sure they give you a killer warranty. Not a just a year or two,

What about AA (Beep Beep) MCO ...AAMCO??? They used to be the best in the business.

Take Care Buddy!

Ed

Have you tried the Japanese imported engines/trans? They come with full warranty and are usually cheap. I haven't looked in a while but there are many shops in Gardena area....maybe even ask Darrin at West End if he knows of a shop.

Jeff

For anyone looking for domestic/import transmission repair or service around So. OC - DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use Irvine Transmission.

Enough said!!

Last edited:
Thanks guys will look into Gardena again tommorrow....I am towing it to AAMCO around my area for a free inspection. If I don't use their service I will just have to pay $45 dollars to tow it there and back.

I found one place in Gardena quoting me $1800.00 to replace it.

Will look into a few other places before making a decision thanks.

If you know particular names to check out please let me know.

If you haven't taken it to a transmission shop yet, you can check out this shop in Rosemead, CA

Speedway Transmissions Parts
8717 Garvey Avenue
Rosemead, CA 91770

I have several successful rebuilds from these guys in the past years. If I remember correctly, your rebuild cost would be roughly ~$1000-1200. This is total, with removal and install. Comes with a 12month/1year warranty.

It is owned by two brothers and one of their names is Kong.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info....will check them out.....just dont like the 1 year warranty though.

Thanks for the info....will check them out.....just dont like the 1 year warranty though.

It does seem low for such a high cost, but from my experience (at least about 4 transmissions between myself and referrals), they have all outlasted past the 1 year mark; don't have actual mileages on those though.

But I believe it's pretty much industry standard to have a 12k/1year warranty.

And in my original post, it was supposed to say 12k miles and 1 year, not "12month/1year" which is saying the same thing.

Cool thanks....will call them tommorrow...didn't get to call them today.

Just in case anyone wants to know...this one has been the cheapest in price....700 for rebuild if you bring the tranny in and 1100 if you want them to do the removal and rebuild.

Back