• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need Your Help - Black Out

Since I got the gt1 wing and diffuser I am looking to black out my markers and front signals. I have always loved seeing the topend cars in Japan. I love their wild style and mods. I am interested in making the car look a little wild and performance exotic (similar to the stradale).

Do you like the gloss black wheels and tint? Do you like oem better than all? Please, give your honest feedback. I need to keep the big rear wheels since I am adding the supercharger in two weeks. Here are pics of current car and photoshop pics of blacked out pieces. Flame suit on - :biggrin:

IMGP1016.jpg

nsxbentleychop.jpg

nsxchop.jpg

IMGP0994.jpg

Last edited:
I wrapped my sidemarkers in black vinyl and it looks sooo much better. You'll love it once you black them out, and you can still see the glow behind the vinyl at night.

nsx1.jpg

I think the vinyl would look great on the sidemarkers. I could go either way on the wheels. Only reason I say that is because of the two-toned interior and not being able to see what tinted windows would look like without it shop'd in the pictures. Either way, bro, your car is sick :biggrin:

Imo flat black wheels look so much better than gloss black.

And your RH's are nice. Paint the spokes flat black. :smile:

Try this:

1. Get Blodi's front lens covers in the "smoke/tinted" version.

2. Wrap the side markers (the ones on each fender) or paint them with a tinted clear coat.

3. Wrap the taillights or paint it with a tinted clear coat.

4. Paint the wheels gloss black but leave the rivets chrome.

5. Tint the side windows if they're not already done.

6. Paint your car black.......................... hehe...j/k :biggrin:

If I was going to refinish the wheels you have, I would leave the lip as is and only paint / powder coat the center section black (gloss or flat) would look hot.

I think you should powder coat the wheels all black. Give it that snarling, mean look.

Put some race pads on and bring it to the track. In about an hour the wheels will be dark gray. Then don't wash them. :biggrin:

Put some race pads on and bring it to the track. In about an hour the wheels will be dark gray. Then don't wash them. :biggrin:

LOL - I was scrolling through the picture section and saw you posted in this thread. All I could think is "wtf is Jim going to say?". I cringed as I opened the thread and looked at your post - and it wasn't that bad! :biggrin:

You know I will make it up for at least one event since it doesn't look like Bluegrass is going to happen this year.:frown:
I can't wait to learn how to drive my car fo reals!

All of the above posts have been taken to heart. I am having a tough time with this and appreciate all the help.

BTW - what do you guys think about painting the wheels black and leaving the rivets AND CENTER CAP silver?

Last edited:
Back