• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need your help sizing my wheels!

Hi guys!

I've got a bit of a dilemma here with the next wheels I want to pick up. From my research, I understand that 18x8 fronts are probably the highest you want to go, but unfortunately for the wheels I want, 18x8 doesn't exist. It only exists in 18x8.5 or 7.5.

My understanding is that the 8.5 rubs the inner fender, not the outer...so if I get a lower offset and roll my fenders/push up fender liner, would that allow the wheel to fit better?

I've seen people running the set up, but I really don't know if they're just dealing with the fact that it rubs or if they modified their fenders a lot to compensate for the extra width?

If push comes to shove, I'll go with 18x7.5; I figured the tire size should be 215/35/18, unless someone suggests a better alternative.

Last question is, my rear wheels are going to be 19x9.5 +38. I heard I should be running a 265/30/19 or 275/30/19, but curious if the 265 will look stretch or not?

Couldn't really find any photos for it specifically.

Thanks!

What wheel are you trying to get and what offsets are available for you to choose from? From what it sounds like, 18x7.5 will probably be your best bet with around a +40 offset.
18x8.5 will work, I had a +42 offset and it was really flush. The 215/35-18 tire on it was extremely stretched and I won't be doing it again.
My ideal front wheel size is 18x8 +38 with a 215/35-18. 19x9.5 +30 or even +25 with a 275/30-19.

What wheel are you trying to get and what offsets are available for you to choose from? From what it sounds like, 18x7.5 will probably be your best bet with around a +40 offset.
18x8.5 will work, I had a +42 offset and it was really flush. The 215/35-18 tire on it was extremely stretched and I won't be doing it again.
My ideal front wheel size is 18x8 +38 with a 215/35-18. 19x9.5 +30 or even +25 with a 275/30-19.

Damn, I never got a notification for this response. Thank you for that, first of all -- second I was thinking of getting T7R wheels:

17095851387_fbb7a9ea92_h.jpg

I think +38 is the highest offset they do that isn't past 40.

I agree with hapa based on your requirements about not wanting a stretched tire. I had and still have 17x8.5 offset 40 wheels and my 215/40/17 tire is to stretched for my tastes. Some don't care and shove some crazy offsets and sizes and say "but it works" which it may, but you aren't driving hard like that and you usually have some type of fender mod like rolling your fenders, or running a chamber that looks like this from the back / \

A 18x7.5 offset 38 will work fine.

Guys, thanks for the excellent feedback! Stephen, I agree -- I want something a little more functional and not something that just fits because you can put it in there, lol. I'd still like the vehicle to be able to perform.

When I'm ready to pull the trigger I will probably go with 18/19.

Hapa, you don't know this, but a few years back when I had my first NSX, you're the reason I bought XXR 522's; thought it looked really good on your car.

oGPaLkZ.jpg

Kind of funny you're also helping me with my new setup.

Not sure if you are open to another brand of wheel. Advan makes the RGIII which comes in 18x8.0 +37 / 19x10.0 +35. Perfect NSX fitment and BBK compatible if you are so inclined. Similar in appearance to the T7R but with one less spoke. I have the 17/18 version and love them.

View attachment 144817

View attachment 144819

Last edited:
The work wheels are very cool looking @Compton and also agree the RGIII are bitchin wheels.:cool: I really wish they made the 3's in bright silver. I might powedercoat mine.

damn your car looks gorgeous

Thanks! Definitely happy with the way it turned out.

Mwagner, your car looks sick! I need a bbk in the future that would definitely set it off.

Thanks! The BBK goes well with the RGIII. Would also work well with the T7R assuming they are BBK compatible.

I really like those work wheels because they are 7 spoke like oem's.

I really like those work wheels because they are 7 spoke like oem's.

Yes, exactly what I was thinking!

Only NSX I have been able to find with these wheels online is someone in Canada...

trT4F8p.jpg

Look good from what I can see. I believe these are 17/18 as well.

^ Yeah they do look pretty nice. I'd get those.

Only NSX I have been able to find with these wheels online is someone in Canada...

trT4F8p.jpg

Any Idea what colour these wheels are? They seem to be bronze..

Last edited:
I have the Emotion Cai in Bronze on my New Formula Red '98, but am somewhat tired of that combo.

As 2 of the wheels have some minor paint damage, I am a bit torn between having the set repainted in a dark chrome/ hyper black paint or selling them and getting new T7R in GT silver as I feel these wheel colours will fit the New Formula Red very well.

With the bronze wheels
2a0m7th.jpg

68fxbt.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Emotion Cai in Bronze on my New Formula Red '98, but am somewhat tired of that combo.

As 2 of the wheels have some minor paint damage, I am a bit torn between having the set repainted in a dark chrome/ hyper black paint or selling them and getting new T7R in GT silver as I feel these wheel colours will fit the New Formula Red very well.

I'm a huge fan of the Hyper Black or black Chrome. There is a Formula Red NSX with black chrome work meisters -- I think it looks fantastic as a finish.

trT4F8p.jpg

As I feel this T7R to look really good, I have decided to go for them in GT-silver colour.

Does anyone know for sure if the wheels in this pict are 17/18 or 18/19?

Last edited:
I believe they are 17/18

Good!

I just ordered the T7R in almost same size as my present bronze Works CR Kai wheels:
front: 17x8.0 ET 45 (old were ET 47, which Works now seems to have changed to 45)
rear: 18x 9,5 ET38

I found a pic with these wheels in GT-Silver on a red 2002 (I think on that pic it is 18/19) and really like them

http://cdn.snsimg.carview.co.jp/carlife/images/UserCar/415422/p1.jpg?ct=1673e101f262.

But as I fear with 18/19 and flatter tires the car will be too way too firm on bad roads with it's new type-S suspension I am staying with 17/18

Last edited:
That car is [MENTION=6553]Oyagi[/MENTION] car. I’m sure he knows.

That my car in the pic. Here are my specs:
17x8 +32 / 18x10.5 +32

Love the wheels. Great value for the price and I believe they’re the closest to the oem 2002+ style wheels out there.

Here are some more pics:
7eb597ef58004aa4703e0d9f26e8a15b.jpg

780558b04123e2472610b39d0eeef5c1.jpg

272e56c31d8fc911ba242ddb86061376.jpg

Hope they help.

Στάλθηκε από το iPad μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Back