• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Need your opinion (I'm finally buying wheels!)

GPW_NSX

Whats up guys, well I've been lurking through all the beautiful NSX's here on the board and just wanted to introduce myself (as a recent changeover the NSX Community) as I just purchased a 1992 Grand Prix White NSX two months ago. And also, thanks for all the great advice and direction you all have given me.

My NSX came with some 17/18 Comptech Forgeline wheels w/ AVS sport tires 225/40/17 Fr. and 285/35/18 in the Rear.

Anyhow, There not my flavor of rim and I have decided on a rim I have wanted since and before I owned the NSX.

Im just stuck between what size :confused:

What do you guys think?

Keep it 17/18 combo

or should I step it up a tad to the 18/19 :eek:

Here is pic of my car currently with the Comptech 17/18's on

63.jpg

and here are the rims I am gonna get,

Iforged FLUX

flux.sized.jpg

If you have 18/19 combo with no lip kit, please post pics :biggrin:

What is the car going to be mainly used for?
Daily, track, show, weekend street fun....

GHOSTRIDER said:
What is the car going to be mainly used for?
Daily, track, show, weekend street fun....

Whats up Ghostrider,

The car is a weekend car that ill just take out for a nice drive on the weekends :wink:

ahh...18/19 then.

Did you buy your car from Dallas area?
LMK what you would want for your Comptech wheels.

GPW_NSX said:
The car is a weekend car that ill just take out for a nice drive on the weekends :wink:

Do a search on the iForged rims, I hear they are brittle and have some issues :rolleyes:

It's funny that you mentioned the Flux wheel. I was just about to recommend it when I saw your car. We use this wheel on our 91 silver car, and the car gets lots of compliments. We offer this wheel at a nice discount if you'd be interested.

best regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
It's funny that you mentioned the Flux wheel. I was just about to recommend it when I saw your car. We use this wheel on our 91 silver car, and the car gets lots of compliments. We offer this wheel at a nice discount if you'd be interested.

best regards,
-- Chris

Whats up Chris,

Have you seen the 19/18 combo on the NSX or did you put 17/18's?

I dont plan to put any lip kits or body kits on my car..other then the factory 95 Front chin spoiler ..

I just dont want to look like a roller skate :frown:

Hey Chis at SoS, I've got a 92 and am looking for wheels. What do you have that you mentioned in this thread?

Regards,
Warren

Those iForged wheels are a great choice, the Aeros would also look great. If it's only a weekend car, go with the 18/19's for sure and be sure to post up some pictures.

If I still have a white car, I think the simple and awesome 18/19 TE37 in white will make the car look awesome.
Check out Chris' set up. Photo courtesy of nsxbuilder.
IMG_0619.jpg

As for the iForged wheels, I don't think they are very good, not to mention that they are very heavy wheels.
Steve

whiteNSXs said:
If I still have a white car, I think the simple and awesome 18/19 TE37 in white will make the car look awesome.
Check out Chris' set up. Photo courtesy of nsxbuilder.
As for the iForged wheels, I don't think they are very good, not to mention that they are very heavy wheels.
Steve

Nope, all though thats looks nice. Im set on the IForged Flux and have been for a while. I guess Im goin for a different kind of look with the NSX..

More less..paying such close attention to Function over Fashion :wink:

Steve how can you say they are not very good? have you ever owed a pair? i know you say this is your "thought" or "feeling" but the rederick on the forums can not really be used as a standard for if they are any good. and they are lighter than my techno's......

Back