• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Neo's New Ride

I bought myself a motorbike: Honda CBR 250 RR

I've been saving and saving for the NSX but i need a set of wheels now... and while I toyed with the idea of getting a Civic or CRX, a bike just seemed the more natural/fun choice.

Thought I'd share this bit of exciting news with my NSX family. :D

neo_cbr.jpg

neo_cbr2.jpg

There was only once choice; it had to be a HONDA. :D

Sweet! You need to put some NSX badging on it. Or put an "R" badge on it. Honda CBR 250 RR "R":biggrin:

AWESOME Mike! Congratulations!!

Now put some "nsx" logo in there! :biggrin:

Take care bro

Fantastic bike. I wish they sold it in the U.S., along with lower CC aprilia models. I drive a 155hp superbike to work and school, and there usually isn't a day that goes by that I wish I could pick up a nice 250 for the really hot days with bad traffic. I've tried out the kawi and haven tried out a 125 aprilia i I was dissapointed.

Congrats on the SWEEEEET ride. You made a great choice on bikes.

I wished that they had other sport 250s besides the EX250 over here. Then again, I don't think people would be willing to pay the $$$ when they could get a 600cc bike for almost the same price. I guess we have a problem with bigger is better over here. :mad:

Post more pictures when you get a chance. I just love the dual round headlights. I almost bought a gray market vfr400 several years ago, but it was in rough shape. :frown:

Otto

Sweet!!!!

Same color as the PrePaidA$$ Ride! :tongue:

Is this mean, you are joining the club?

I recommend a matching helmet "PrePaidA$$" logo is a must.

Good day Mate!

For the first 15mths (minimum) on your motorbike license us aussies are restricted to a maximum of a 260cc. That's why i got a 250cc instead of a 1000cc NSXrebel. :D

I was kinda hoping this thread would cause other people getting into biking to post their rides. Anyone?

PS - I like the new hairless look. :D

Thanx man. the new cut makes me look as bada$$ as Randy's spoiler. :eek: :biggrin: ok, maybe not that aggressive, but close. :wink:

<B>prepaid</B> : Dont worry, i'll be getting a prepaid sticker for sure.

For the first 15mths (minimum) on your motorbike license us aussies are restricted to a maximum of a 260cc. That's why i got a 250cc instead of a 1000cc NSXrebel. :D

I was kinda hoping this thread would cause other people getting into biking to post their rides. Anyone?

I spent my first year of motorbike commuting on this little EX250 aka Ninja 250r. You can make out the CBR600F2 and my old NSX in the background. :smile:

The little 250 got 60mpg and could hit triple digits on the freeway. :biggrin:
attachment.php

IMHO, it makes sense to limit new riders to smaller and less powerful bikes.

So Neo, if you do step up to a liter bike you know that we expect you to get the Ducati 998 Matrix, right? :wink:

Otto

Attachments

• ninja250.JPG
    ninja250.JPG
    94.5 KB · Views: 202
I spent my first year of motorbike commuting on this little EX250 aka Ninja 250r. You can make out the CBR600F2 and my old NSX in the background. :smile:

The little 250 got 60mpg and could hit triple digits on the freeway. :biggrin:

IMHO, it makes sense to limit new riders to smaller and less powerful bikes.

So Neo, if you do step up to a liter bike you know that we expect you to get the Ducati 998 Matrix, right? :wink:

Otto

Nice ride Otto, i checked out the Ninja's too but realized if I didnt get a Honda everyone would be questioning my loyality. :p Which might cross the Ducati 998 off my list... am i more loyal to the Matrix or Honda? Tough decision... :D

Congrats Mike...hope this doesn't put off your NSX purchase too long. :D

Fantastic bike. I wish they sold it in the U.S., along with lower CC aprilia models. I drive a 155hp superbike to work and school, and there usually isn't a day that goes by that I wish I could pick up a nice 250 for the really hot days with bad traffic. I've tried out the kawi and haven tried out a 125 aprilia i I was dissapointed.
I rode a friends Aprillia 125 {2 stroke}, it was a total dissapointment. I guess I just expected more being I rode a gixxer 1000. What I clearly don't understand is why on earth don't those bikes make it over to the states. I think the 400cc bikes would be a fun cheap commuter. I've ridden liter bikes most of my life, but even the most recent 600's are to fast to be considered "entry level" bikes. I imagine they would sell countless of 250/400 RR's/GSXR's if they were allowed over here.

I bought myself a motorbike: Honda CBR 250 RR

I've been saving and saving for the NSX but i need a set of wheels now... and while I toyed with the idea of getting a Civic or CRX, a bike just seemed the more natural/fun choice.

Thought I'd share this bit of exciting news with my NSX family. :D

<snip>

There was only once choice; it had to be a HONDA. :D
nice choice, congrats!

**be safe**.
hal

Here Neo: I posted these pix before but this is my most recently acquired "scooter" Going to the Texas Mile next weekend. Hope to see at least 250 mph in the standing mile.

busa.jpg

dyno.jpg

Now go out and ride. Keep the shiney side up.

Ben

Back