• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New '98 Owner in the Philippines.

Just received my 1998 3.2L 6Speed in the Philippines from the USA. Hope to learn a lot from this forum.

The unit is still very dirty from shipping so I am currently having it detailed before pictures are taken.

I found the unit online from a Private seller in Colorado. It it silver, code of color is MH-546M or kaiser silver metallic..I am assuming that is correct.

Last edited:
Having been to Manila (and Subic) on a few occasions, I'm am worried on how you intend to drive the NSX on such poor condition roads. Even at stock height and 16/17 wheels, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

The only sports car I've seen while in the Makati/Malate area is a C5 Corvette and a base model 911.

Having been to Manila (and Subic) on a few occasions, I'm am worried on how you intend to drive the NSX on such poor condition roads. Even at stock height and 16/17 wheels, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

The only sports car I've seen while in the Makati/Malate area is a C5 Corvette and a base model 911.

We've had several new roads open up recently. With the Asian boom comes new dealerships, Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari, Porsche have open up showrooms here.

If you've been to Subic, kindly view the link below..it was filmed in Subic Bay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mA0URi4lfo

Congratulations! My friend always goes back every year and he told me it's super rare to see an NSX, so I'm positive you will get a lot of head-turners :cool:

It is difficult to drive in that traffic there. Those buses are ruthless. Taxis flooding the roads, jeepnees and Tri-cycles here and there. What doesn't help is the people just walk out in traffic to cross the road. I would hate to drive the NSX on pothole heaven.

You're right, the car will be used on weekend fun runs. Weekday traffic is just hell to dive this car.

You're right, the car will be used on weekend fun runs. Weekday traffic is just hell to dive this car.

Awesome, the Red NSX I saw was in the thick of traffic and nearly was hit twice in a 2 minute span.

I do hope you enjoy her, would like to see your new ride this coming September if you have time available.

Best Regards
Gil

Awesome, the Red NSX I saw was in the thick of traffic and nearly was hit twice in a 2 minute span.

I do hope you enjoy her, would like to see your new ride this coming September if you have time available.

Best Regards
Gil

Do let me know when you get here. I will post pictures soon. I guess it's ok for me to just disable the aspirator fan here since it's making loud irritating noise and not suitable for our tropical weather?

Welcome to the Manila, Philippines. Hope to include the NSX on the line up soon.

282950_424960570860084_1053028032_n.jpg

My NSX prior to having it shipped.

525811_10151080339141328_141944429_n.jpg

What a beauty, congrats! I have a 97 Kaiser Silver NSX, and I love it. Enjoy yours! That YouTube video rocks too! :)

Wow, how were you able to get that car thru customs? Manila is full of ferrari's, gt-r's lambo's, porsche's & audi r8's. Did you get your timing belt changed before you had it shipped over there? Congrats on your NSX.

Nice.I have a red 91 in Guam.I get to Manila every now and then,maybe we can get together one day,welcome to prime and the NSX...steve

Wow, how were you able to get that car thru customs? Manila is full of ferrari's, gt-r's lambo's, porsche's & audi r8's. Did you get your timing belt changed before you had it shipped over there? Congrats on your NSX.

Yes fortunately, the previous owner changed the timing belt and installed CT engineering supercharger shortly thereafter.

Nice.I have a red 91 in Guam.I get to Manila every now and then,maybe we can get together one day,welcome to prime and the NSX...steve

Please let me know if are visiting... am currently having problems closing the glass hatch..help please !!!

Back