• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Cisco 4500 cost 2x as much as my car

Benching this new unit.

60K retail.

311968_2355377085937_1295494854_32843414_8078703_n.jpg

Last edited:
Anything Cisco is over priced with or without a contract LOL

for example I got a 3com POE for 30X less than the same product with the Cisco sticker

they ROB, STEAL and f their customers customers in the A_S

and they keep coming back for more LOL

Last edited:
What is it and what does it do?

You are looking at a network switch of the Cisco 4007 variety

It's the overpriced thing on the other end of the wire at your office that allows your computer to talk to stuff like servers, printers, the Internet,
other computers, etc.

If you can type the arcane commands to configure and run this puppy, and its friends, you can afford an NSX. Strange but true.

Shawn has a point, Cisco treats many customers like dumb piggy banks.

Anything Cisco is over priced with or without a contract LOL

for example I got a 3com POE for 30X less than the same product with the Cisco sticker

they ROB, STEAL and f their customers customers in the A_S

and they keep coming back for more LOL

listen to this guy... He 1000% correct.
Cisco has a 80+% profit margin so they make $48k on this unit alone.

oh, and no one pays retail on IT switch gear

LOL...

Yes its Overpriced. We actually got it at 50% off at a vendor dealing with our Cisco engineer. but someone did give us a quote of 60K for this.

This Cisco was pushed by contractors saying we need this to complete the project. ITs really questionable if it is necessary. we actually have a 6500 cisco that is running solid for years but out of support contract.

So Corporate buy it just so there is no pointing to the old switch as the point of failure of the project.

Basically: this is a Router / Switch with 2 fiber switch blade to distribute fiber to all our floors of the company. It will also serve as the main QOS point for our VOIP VLAN

Last edited:
You cut and pasted something I never said. The OP in the first post said it was 60k. All I asked was what it was and what it did.

It's a quote from the Fast and the Furious (the first one). I think he edited it for LOL's.

Not that it fits, but my favorite has always been "Bullshit asshole, no one likes the tuna here!":biggrin:

Last edited:
or this quote from " Boiler room " Cisco only likes customers that have a "bank roll that can choke a hippo "

I would never buy anything Cisco.

they call me all the time tring to sell me Shit I dont need.
Im on some list they have of people they think will buy their crap and have cash to pay for it.

A sucker and his money are soon departed

Wow, the company I work for is a Cisco shop for the most part. Juniper data centers, Netscreen firewalls and F5 LBs. I see it all. We have many hundreds of Cisco devices. From 6500s to 3560s and 3800 routers. Some Cisco devices with up-times over 3 years. Cisco TAC is a wonderful thing. If you cant fix it in 10 minutes...open a TAC case and they will. Uptime uptime uptime. That is all that matters for a large company. We pay for it and get it from Cisco.

You cut and pasted something I never said. The OP in the first post said it was 60k. All I asked was what it was and what it did.

lol looks like the other guys reading the thread got it... actually your response and the responses to your response are even more funny than my original joke.

Benching this new unit.

60K retail.

311968_2355377085937_1295494854_32843414_8078703_n.jpg

those 2 fiber boards with the 10Gbit modules can cost as much as a new BMW...... :eek: *drool*

Amazing how there seems to be a lot of Cisco haters out there. I think if you look at the gross margins at other high tech companies, you will see that Cisco's are not out of line. And just for the record, they are not 80%, they are closer to 60%. Cisco has never had to re-state earnings and has never had any executive level scandals. Cisco is not perfect, but it is run better than 90%+ of any large companies, high tech, or otherwise. I have had the privilege of working at Cisco for almost 16 years (in sales). God willing, I can finish my career there in 10 years.

I think Cisco is worth every penny.
There's soooo much you can do with them AND, knock on wood, the stuff doesn't break.

In many businesses, every hour of downtime is hundreds of thousands of dollars. Saving a few bucks on a switch that ends up breaking is a poor decision.

Back