• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Corvette hurt NC sales?

No, but I think the rumor is still that Corvettes will have pushrods (boosted later), whereas a Cadillac variant will have the boosted OHC.

Yes, the linear switch panel is a bit strange, but I'll have to reserve final judgement until I drive it.

I really hope GM learned their lesson from the XLR sales flop.

I’m sure that new Cadillac “Blackwing” V8 won’t be exclusive to Cadillac much longer. Seems a bit silly to develop a new DOHC V8 only to live in obscurity under the hood of a very limited production large sedan.

Wow, good job GM on the C8, I feel bad for Acura now. Even if a used NC drops to $80k-90k the C8 is still a way better bargain.

FWIW, put a 6 speed in the NC, ditch the electric motors (and a couple of hundred pounds), and lower the price to $120k and Acura is guaranteed to have at least 1 sale (me!). Until then, I'll stick to my 911 and NA2 NSX.

I’m still in shock at the value bomb that The General set off. Not only that, but to get such a universally positive response at a car release is unusual. Even my wife, who is no car person by any means, noticed the new ‘vette. I now have serious want for a C8 depending on initial quality reports in the real world.

I don't think the nsx sales effect will be statisticly significant because the sample size is too small:tongue:

I’m still in shock at the value bomb that The General set off. Not only that, but to get such a universally positive response at a car release is unusual. Even my wife, who is no car person by any means, noticed the new ‘vette. I now have serious want for a C8 depending on initial quality reports in the real world.

I already spoke to the dealer near me. No mark up and one production line starts up in two weeks, with the coupe being available in January for delivery. In September the other production line starts and they're also going to start building the convertibles. The convertible will be ready for delivery in April/May.

Official pricing hasn't been released, but the person I spoke with said he'll be able to give me an idea of the options I order to be within $1,500 of the final price. This car is going to fly off the showroom floor.

Of the multitude of things the new C8 does that I find interesting, the one element that I am impressed with is that it re-affirms what those who opposed the hybrid tech harped about....the hybrid tech in the NSX is heavy, overly complex, and unnecessary. The C8, based on printed specs, seems to perform just as well as the NSX without an overly complex drivetrain. Guess that Honda/Acura in an effort to pursue the "green" agenda hung themselves. As sad as it is for me to say, but the good-looking NC1 NSX will likely go down in history has a major disaster like the CR-Z.

the nc1 will always be a conversation piece at any show...there is a lot going on under the skin...

Of the multitude of things the new C8 does that I find interesting, the one element that I am impressed with is that it re-affirms what those who opposed the hybrid tech harped about....the hybrid tech in the NSX is heavy, overly complex, and unnecessary. The C8, based on printed specs, seems to perform just as well as the NSX without an overly complex drivetrain. Guess that Honda/Acura in an effort to pursue the "green" agenda hung themselves. As sad as it is for me to say, but the good-looking NC1 NSX will likely go down in history has a major disaster like the CR-Z.

The "we know better than the customer" attitude is what turned off a lot of prospective NSX 2.0 buyers, been force fed the hybrid drivetrain was something that anyone with common sense would have known given the competitive landscape at that time. Hybrid should have been an option for those who wanted the bleeding edge technology and were willing to pay the $$'s.

The "we know better than the customer" attitude is what turned off a lot of prospective NSX 2.0 buyers, been force fed the hybrid drivetrain was something that anyone with common sense would have known given the competitive landscape at that time. Hybrid should have been an option for those who wanted the bleeding edge technology and were willing to pay the $$'s.

Very well said! That would have been the smart thing to do.

Yeah, I still kinda like the idea of the exclusivity of the new NSX even tho its looks don't completely knock me out ... but I think I'm done considering it because its complexity, and the scary cost to repair it, really concerns me.

That and I think it was already over-priced, even with the unrequested $25K off MSRP ... and the new Vette seems to make that even more so.

Tesla has been doing this for awhile too.

I know, even less of an excuse for the NSX 2.0 (designed and made in America).

My co-worker is selling his 997TT and his 5.0 late model mustang for the C8.

He said that on the Porsche forums there are a lot of people planning on moving from lower models 911 and most Cayman to the C8 - as i predicted.

on the positive side competitors will take notice and if the c8 sell like hot cakes then it will bring down prices and force changes....

on the positive side competitors will take notice and if the c8 sell like hot cakes then it will bring down prices and force changes....

My other buddy just let go of his POS 12c and said he will go with the C8 since he doesn't want to have another Euro car with more time in the shop than on the road.

lets party like it's 1991....:wink:

I think that will end with my 96....the eventual replacement will be a nice bright silver, or blue...

Honda won't be the only car company shitting themselves....the Cayman sales are going to fall off a cliff and even the 911 is going to take a hit. Chevy just dropped a bomb on the sports car market...Supra and GT-R's will also take a hit.

If this car had a prancing horse on the hood it would be a $200,000+ car

Nice little wake up call for the entire industry ... Good job GM!!!

my little rendition of what mine will look like.......someday

48352022791_c35c0a8ef3_k_d.jpg

Or maybe go with the Rapid Blue

48361864446_fb3abbf98c_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how deep the order list is at various dealer? anyone have any data?

Honda won't be the only car company shitting themselves....the Cayman sales are going to fall off a cliff and even the 911 is going to take a hit. Chevy just dropped a bomb on the sports car market...Supra and GT-R's will also take a hit.
Chevy has consistantly made cars that can hang with the Euros, but at a much lower price. That's nothing new.

The majority of the people who are buying P-cars are buying because of the brand. Brand snobbery goes a long way.

A few enthusiasts might dabble in the C8 (lease it, fuck with it for a while, then sell it), but ultimately I dont think its going to move the needle that much.

Back