• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Daily Driver

I pick it up next week but put a deposit on it today. BMW M5. Trading my 360 Modena in for it. I wanted something I was not afraid to drive daily. Only a Ferrari with 30k miles is considered high mileage. For everyone that wants to upgrade to one, think about how much you really want to drive it or look at in the garage.

The BMW is fully loaded with launch control, 500 HP V10, and power everything. Here are a few pictures of it:

Attachments

• 0g_800.jpg
    0g_800.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 1Q_800.jpg
    1Q_800.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 5A_800.jpg
    5A_800.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 6g_800.jpg
    6g_800.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 109
  • 9g_800.jpg
    9g_800.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 126
  • engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 103
  • fA_800.jpg
    fA_800.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 118
Congrats! Im hunting for something like that myself. I had an 06 Interlagos M5and loved it! Although I will admit I was smoked by a 09+ CTS-V :redface: As soon I can find either another M5 or an IS-F, my ZDX is going goodbye.

Just be careful as those V10 seem to drink oil, make sure you stay on top of it. Plus there is no dipstick so I would always worry, but BMW said it was normal. Some many 6 speed to but in that car, the SMG is the way to go.

Congrats on the purchase! My DD is. 2006 Alpine White M5. You have great taste in cars :)

Ditto on the oil and also be prepared for the gas bill lol. I'll post pics when I get home later.

EDIT:
73962_500576136223_690446223_7503405_1729284_n.jpg

Last edited:
funny,the one and only time I drove a v10 M5 I was thinking overall it feels like an nsx sedan.:cool:

What don't you like about the ZDX?

Matt

I love it, but its slow and my time with it is up. Twice a year I get a new car :biggrin:

Nice choice! Im looing for a second/daily driver car in a couple months. It wont be as cool as an M5 thats for sure. I was going to go for a Jaguar X Type or a Subaru from the 90's or early 2000's. When it comes to cars Im stuck in the past lol.

Hey SF, ever run into issues with the electrically retracting mirrors? My passenger side has been weird all winter. I park, walk away and when I come back it's always tilted with the mirror side facing the ground!

Tapatalk did not crash. Whoa.

Why didn't u trade the 348 in?

My friend that's a dealer broker had a M5 that looked just like that one for $35k.

Not sure about the mileage, but it wasn't driven that much.

I took it for a spin. Nice engine note, but I hated that SMG. It constantly begged me to drive like an asshole to make it feel like it was working right.

Easy driving around town just wasn't cutting the cake............

Congrats. I loved my e60 m5. If the warranty didn't run out, I would've kept it. Go and put an eisenmann race exhaust on her and piss your neighbors off on cold starts . :)

Why didn't u trade the 348 in?

My friend that's a dealer broker had a M5 that looked just like that one for $35k.

Not sure about the mileage, but it wasn't driven that much.

I took it for a spin. Nice engine note, but I hated that SMG. It constantly begged me to drive like an asshole to make it feel like it was working right.

Easy driving around town just wasn't cutting the cake............

I paid $34k for the car, it has 45k miles on it.

I have a buyer for the 348. I am just fed up with Ferrari and not being able to put miles on the car. They become impossible to get rid of if they have over 30k miles on them. For anyone looking at selling the NSX and purchasing a Ferrari, it is ok if you just want to drive it 2k miles per year but beyond that stick with the NSX. I am taking a break from exotic cars, sure it will just be temp for me but am looking forward to pairing back on the number of cars I own.

Rob

Awesome choice. I think they are some of the best looking sedans on the road today. wouldnt mind finding a used one with the 100K warranty :tongue:

Hey SF, ever run into issues with the electrically retracting mirrors? My passenger side has been weird all winter. I park, walk away and when I come back it's always tilted with the mirror side facing the ground!

Haven't had a single issue with the car. I love that I can beat it daily, track it, drag it, grab groceries with it and fit 4! :)

$34k! Wow, awesome price. Talk about depreciation!
I guess that's bad for people that bought new, but great for those that bought used! I'm tempted to get myself one now. . :smile:

$34k! Wow, awesome price. Talk about depreciation!
I guess that's bad for people that bought new, but great for those that bought used! I'm tempted to get myself one now. . :smile:

Yeah, they can be had for a very good price now. Just ALWAYS do a PPI, and if it is out of warranty/maintenance program be prepared to pay.

....... I am just fed up with Ferrari and not being able to put miles on the car. They become impossible to get rid of if they have over 30k miles on them. For anyone looking at selling the NSX and purchasing a Ferrari, it is ok if you just want to drive it 2k miles per year but beyond that stick with the NSX. I am taking a break from exotic cars, sure it will just be temp for me but am looking forward to pairing back on the number of cars I own.

Rob

I couldn't agree with you more.

I love to drive my cars. All of them. I drive them hard as they were intended for.

I just have this aching feeling that Euro exotics (mainly Italian) just can't handle my intended use, hence the NSX was my choice.

I see alot of "well-off" people that buy exotic cars, but are afraid to put miles on them. That tells me that they really aren't "well-off".

IMHO, well-off people shouldn't give a rats ass in hammering and putting miles on ANY car, including the F cars.

$40k for a full tune up on an Enzo? no problemo.

can't afford that? stick with the NSX.

That is what I did. The maintenance was not the problem for me. The cars were very reliable for me. The problem is that when I went to sell them, good luck even finding a buyer for them with high miles.

I pick it up next week but put a deposit on it today. BMW M5. Trading my 360 Modena in for it. I wanted something I was not afraid to drive daily. Only a Ferrari with 30k miles is considered high mileage. For everyone that wants to upgrade to one, think about how much you really want to drive it or look at in the garage.

The BMW is fully loaded with launch control, 500 HP V10, and power everything. Here are a few pictures of it:

this is cool but why not an M6?

That is what I did. The maintenance was not the problem for me. The cars were very reliable for me. The problem is that when I went to sell them, good luck even finding a buyer for them with high miles.

What if you traded it in to the BMW dealer or the Maserati/Ferrari dealer.

One of the main reasons I had stayed away from exotics is that I hate the thought of buying a car just to show it off in the garage!

I actually tried to find a 360 Modena with 30k miles or more so that I did not feel bad driving it and could never find one. What did they give you on trade for it?

Just a change of pace. I wanted something that was low profile and could blend in. It will be nice to have a bigger car as well.

I understand. When I went looking for a 'low profile' sedan to run around in I looked at the M3, M5, M6, E55 and E63 and ended up buying the E63 in stealth black. 507 hp in an elegant black 4-door. People have no idea what to say when all of the horses are unleashed at one time. WHOOOOOOOSH!! GONE!! :biggrin:

Back