• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Driving Ambition performance shop

Thanks to Shad and his new Shop Driving Ambition

My baby NSX is finally home after a pain full mistake of going to another shop in Sacramento that said they can install AEM EMS. Steve gave me a tip that Shad opened his own shop.

Shad did awesome job of jumping in with the mess my NSX was in. lets say, when I drove my NSX to him, it was running very poorly.:frown:

He not only took on the proper install, but he had to start from scratch and assessed what was on and what wasn’t on correctly.

Thanks to his knowledge know how and relationship with AEM he found out the AEM was not working right, and got it sent back and had it replaced.

He is now using one of the most advanced chassis dynamometer-----Dynapack that can do all three…front, rear and all wheel drive vehicles. This system take the wheels off and bolts on to the Dyno directly to give a TRUE closer reading of the engine.

www.dynapackusa.com

“No problem of tire slippage and the inconsistencies of the tire to roller interface. The Dynapack is a true load-brake dyno - just like the best engine dynos. It can directly measure the work being performed, while others just estimate it. Since it has real hydraulic load brakes, it allows you to perform tests that simple inertia-dynos are incapable of. You can now have unprecedented control over the vehicle with a degree of resolution and precision that has to be seen to be believed.
Dynapack has set a NEW standard!”

This man is capable of doing everything you need on your auto. Installs SC and Turbos, tuning, dyno, replace OEM parts, hoses, wiring gauges, racing seats and seats rails, suspension tuning and adjusting, Performance Custom Radiator, OEM interiors installed back properly, R&D, exterior replacements, and choosing the BEST aftermarket parts available……everything………

lets just say, all his experience is backed by 14+ professional years with Comptech, REAL life Professional racing mechanic teams and a LIFE TIME of pure passion for automobiles.

With this experience you can imagine rubbing elbows and creating relationships with other major tuners shops, manufactures of performance parts for ALL, Acura/Honda, BMW, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Mercedes, Porches, and many more……….

I have found my tuner for all my vehicles, thanks Shad, now I just need to sneak in my wife’s little SLK55 AMG to install a blower with out her knowing…:biggrin: …

When I arrived to pick up, my NSX was shiny clean waiting for me, Thats Professional service......
Thanks Shad…….I love you man.:redface: ....driving home, the TUNE was awesome, he adjusted my suspension, the HP and TQ is UP from 346 last year.

Now he is working on my Wide-body-gone bad project on my Red NA NSX, and getting ready for track July 21st.

To all waiting for a top performance shop in Nor Cal, it has arrived, it is off 50 FWY and Sunrise blvd.

Driving Ambitions
2378 Gold River Road #11
Gold River, CA 95670
(916) 365-3775

www.drivingambition.us

Here is my NSX

1991 blck/blck
24k miles
5 speed short gears
SC 6lb /4 inch pulley
Comptech CF Ice box
AEM EMS
Comptech headers
RandonHiFlo Cats
Tiatec LWGT

HP: 371
TQ: 263

Attachments

• dyno NSX2.jpg
    dyno NSX2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 120
  • dyno NSX4.jpg
    dyno NSX4.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Lito G, You could not have said it better! I met Shad @ comptech with my first NSX. he took the great parts they made and with other additions made my car run and handle amazing. His knowledge base is amazing, though you would never hear him tell you due to his very humble nature. I can with 100% certainty tell you that if you want high end quality performance and service that you will not be let down with Shad.

Kip Olson

NetViper said:
Very nice! You are running it to 8200 RPM?

thanks

I those are safe numbers considering no engine build......yet:wink:

yes its looks like it 8200, but I think the TQ is what is impressive since most driving are done bellow 8200 rpm.

Kip Olson said:
Lito G, You could not have said it better! I met Shad @ comptech with my first NSX. he took the great parts they made and with other additions made my car run and handle amazing. His knowledge base is amazing, though you would never hear him tell you due to his very humble nature. I can with 100% certainty tell you that if you want high end quality performance and service that you will not be let down with Shad.

Kip Olson

Kip……THATS RIGHT BUDDY…

..like that that commercial?

1)..great condition Low mile FOR 1991 NSX= $30,000-$40,000 thousand dollars

2)..Crack pipe MODS, SC,H,I,E, Suspension, BBK, Cltch, LWTflyWheel……..hm…= $100,000000 gozillion dollars and counting

3)..but race-provenexperiencereliabilityhumblegreatallround-guyShad…………$$$$$$$$$$$$$ PRICELESS

Shad has taken very good care of my cars going back several years; starting with my '03 Acura CL-S MT and then most recently my '05 NSX-T. The level of professionalism and knowledge Shad possesses is rare. I feel privileged to have worked with him and look forward to working with him on future projects.

You guys should stop this sucking up ............ :eek: :confused: You are making our local costs go up just when we thought we had a great and presumably a reasonable cost alternative :frown: :tongue: :biggrin:

Hrant said:
You guys should stop this sucking up ............ :eek: :confused: You are making our local costs go up just when we thought we had a great and presumably a reasonable cost alternative :frown: :tongue: :biggrin:

the suck up is to hope get a break on cost.:wink: ..or an extra sticker, he has a real cool sticker he put on my NSX:smile:

or perhaps a lead tip on when Kip is ready to purchase the newest and best part and be inline for his used one.:wink:

Yep, and Shad has stepped up to the plate immediately with his generous support of our local chapter/NW region.

For those NSXCA members attending the track event at Infineon on 7/21, Driving Ambition has offered a door prize/raffle for $500, to be used for Shop Labor @ $95 an hour or Dyno time @ $160 an hour; or if someone doesn't need either, then it can be used towards a future Driving Ambition Product (not other vendor products).

And the chance of winning this is about 1/less than 40 !!!!!!

And guess who will call the winning numbers :tongue: :wink:

Hrant said:
Yep, and Shad has stepped up to the plate immediately with his generous support of our local chapter/NW region.

For those NSXCA members attending the track event at Infineon on 7/21, Driving Ambition has offered a door prize/raffle for $500, to be used for Shop Labor @ $95 an hour or Dyno time @ $160 an hour; or if someone doesn't need either, then it can be used towards a future Driving Ambition Product (not other vendor products).

And the chance of winning this is about 1/less than 40 !!!!!!

SWEET DEAL!!!

Hrant said:

Well it won't be you thats for sure.:tongue: This has to be done by someone with nothing to gain and you I'm sure will rigg it LOL!!!!:biggrin:

Steve

Thanks again to Shad, he hooked me up

Just a few things this man can do for you and your NSX, plus any other performance vehicle you have

1) took my wide body gone bad project back to OEM body
2) short gears plus 4.23 NSX-R
3) replaced/repacked clutch
4) CFCV Status seats installed with Taitec seat rails
5) installed my new NRG Steering wheel with quick release and HUB
6) adjusted and tuned my Tain RA
7) washed and cleaned before I picked up

And the results? Well for my first time on Infineon and being a Novice driver, I felt it handled very well, very neutral all around, incredible !!, no creaks and groans on any body panels, Gears Was amazing smooth, clutch with great GRIP.

And at the track, did a Dyno at 100+ degrees temp after a few laps on track and HIT 278 HP !!!!!

Attachments

• LitoTrakRedNA-NSX..jpg
    LitoTrakRedNA-NSX..jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 87
  • LitoTrakRedNA-NSX....jpg
    LitoTrakRedNA-NSX....jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 83
  • LitoTrakRedNA-NSX........jpg
    LitoTrakRedNA-NSX........jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 86
Back