new feature wish list

I am in the midst of doing major upgrades to my car on almost all fronts beside engine internals. External looks, suspension, exhaust, intake, internal looks and electronics (nav, bluetooth, etc.) And this got me thinking, what other features would I like to have on my car that I haven't seen?

These two may sound trivial, but features that I really want:
Auto down and UP for both windows. I hate trying to pull away from a toll booth, or something of that nature, shifting, and trying to raise my window at the same time. Annoying. I'll easily take auto up for the driver's side only... but if you can do one, why not do both?

Programmable LED tail lights. The two basic designs I see are ok, but they can be soooo much better. And for all those that have been bitten by the modding bug, trying to make you car look good AND unique is difficult. Having programmable tail lights would be a nice way to do that. You can experiment with designs until you arrive at one that works for you.

What features would you guys/gals like on your car?

Last edited:
Yeah those are certainly nice to have especially the auto window up.

But I got an Acura RL as a loaner today and this car had all the bells and whistles. It was a big car, super quiet, smooth, fast acceleration, but after 2 minutes I already missed my NSX.

Keyless ignition, seat warmer/coolers, memory seat positions, navigation, rear cam, are just a few of many luxury / convenience features.

Makes me think why I paid this much for an NSX that doesn't even have a cup holder big enough for 32oz slurpee or a sun visor that actually works. =)

I am in the midst of doing major upgrades to my car on almost all fronts beside engine internals. External looks, suspension, exhaust, intake, internal looks and electronics (nav, bluetooth, etc.) And this got me thinking, what other features would I like to have on my car that I haven't seen?

These two may sound trivial, but features that I really want:
Auto down and UP for both windows. I hate trying to pull away from a toll booth, or something of that nature, shifting, and trying to raise my window at the same time. Annoying. I'll easily take auto up for the driver's side only... but if you can do one, why not do both?

Programmable LED tail lights. The two basic designs I see are ok, but they can be soooo much better. And for all those that have been bitten by the modding bug, trying to make you car look good AND unique is difficult. Having programmable tail lights would be a nice way to do that. You can experiment with designs until you arrive at one that works for you.

What features would you guys/gals like on your car?

I agree on the window automatic devices - you'd think you could just put a drivers side button on the other side? I'm not the most electrically savy dude though. But of all the things I've seen that I like it's the console upgrades. There was one guy on here that was working on putting a bunch of TL stuff in there - it looked pretty good but was not finished and to really make that look like a professional install or factory would be a monumental task but it sure would make the interior look a ton better. Everything is in an ergonomically perfect place but it's just so dated and the stereo and speakers just leave so much to be desired.

I know some say - heck I never listen to the stereo anyway - the sound of the engine is enough - it is most of the time but if you were on a road trip - it surely would not be. Honda just let the car go - did very little to upgrade the car and all the while other cars in their line up had better sound systems - really a sad testiment to Honda's diligence in my opinion.

Otherwise the car is just about perfect. I have seen aftermarket console upgrades but not many do it for me.

his username is Lithumus.

here the link

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123599

he went further than I had time to do.

we took the 07 TL navi and put it in our SOS pods.

he then installed the bluetooth, handsfree link. rear camera, TL radio. etc.

his Install is insane.

but I think the real point of the NSX is your connected to the road and
all those options will take away that feeling.

you there to sit and drive ya know.

Last edited:
I doubt it will ever look completely finished - don't you Shawn. I mean there is no connection between the parts, they don't look like they are together - he'll have to do a lot of cutting and trimming of pieces. Nothing I saw in the thread looks like he'll ever finish it. It just looks like a bunch of pieces stuck together - it has promise but he'll have to go to a plastic fabricator to really get something that looks right to hold all that stuff and fill in the cracks. Lots more to it than he's done to make it look really nice and tight.

his username is Lithumus.

here the link

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123599

he went further than I had time to do.

we took the 07 TL navi and put it in our SOS pods.

he then installed the bluetooth, handsfree link. rear camera, TL radio. etc.

his Install is insane.

but I think the real point of the NSX is your connected to the road and
all those options will take away that feeling.

you there to sit and drive ya know.

I suspect my next wish list item would be a NSX-R Style Ducted Hood for NA1 NSX from SOS.

http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/NA1_NSX-R_Style_Hood/

It would be nice to upgrade the sterio speakers.

- Rod

Hey Rod,
Did you do anything to your suspension? I'm still pondering my Bilsteins. I have new ones just sitting in a box waiting but I'm skeptical about using them - since Eiffel told me of his experience with some strange clunking-metal on metal sound when going over just certain kinds of bumps. What else have you done to yours?

Hey Tim,

Not much yet... mostly cosmetic stuff, but it came with the West Wings ground effects and wheels, etc.

I do need to add some type of suspension to my wish list, but there seems to be so many options and different opinions.

It also has some computech stuff added by the previous owner.

The hood really isn't a new technical feature....

I could have quite a long list of wishes... where is Publishers House or the Lottery $$$$$. I'm still waiting for Ed McMahon's replacement to come to my door!

- Rod

RBilder I thought DownForce had one on their site. with the duct to go with it.

Hey Nukem,
what does that duct do - I mean what is ventilated by the hood - I've always wondered since there is no engine up there. Sorry if this is one of those obvious stupid questions.

what does that duct do - I mean what is ventilated by the hood - I've always wondered since there is no engine up there. Sorry if this is one of those obvious stupid questions.

The duct funnels air that entered the front bumper of the car, through the radiator then up through and over the hood. That air then flows over the top of the car, rather than being scattered in all directions under the hood. Overall, it helps with downforce.

With the "new feature wish list" I was thinking more along the lines of features that sort of do not currently exist. Things people want, but there isn't a current solution for.

I guess there aren't too many things left that haven't be made for the NSX. Silly things like side mirrors with turn signal lights would be stretching things a bit.

I wonder if there are additional solutions to chassis stiffening for the targa that hasn't been done yet. Perhaps something under the body, maybe by the gas tank? Just throwing things out there...

The duct funnels air that entered the front bumper of the car, through the radiator then up through and over the hood. That air then flows over the top of the car, rather than being scattered in all directions under the hood. Overall, it helps with downforce.

Thanks for the answer Caustic. Downforce is something all this light front end cars can use. Porsche has had an issue with that in the past.

Hey Nukem, I believe they do...

I just went back to their site. The hood I found seemed to be quite a bit more money than the SOS CF one.

I would like to get a mesh type or see through engine cover some day too.

As for things that haven't been thought of yet for an NSX.... I'm not that creative... the NSX seems to have most things covered, or people have come up with added goodies. I'm sure there is more out there...

I would like to get a hood that pretty much bolts on with the original hood hardware. I purchased a Greenwood Twin Turbo fiberglass hood for a Corvette I once owned... it was a sharp looking hood, but there was a fair amount of work to be done to get it to fit and work properly.

I'm open for suggestions... I'm currently juggling finanical priorities :smile:

Paul entered his NSX in the SROC race in Aurora, NE a week or so back in the 90 MPH class. He couldn't go below 70 MPH or more than 120 MPH or be disqualified. He said his average speed was 90.36 MPH and was very pleased with how he did and the car ran. It sounds like he did incredible considering he didn't have a stop watch or computer to assist his time.

He said the winner's average was 90.005 MPH.

I would like to go out and watch... it would take some doing getting my lovely bride to sign off on it.

I will put my thinking cap on and see if I can come up with some type of NSX goodie that nobody else has thought of yet. I would think as time goes on there will be some neat technolgy for upgrades.

I'm open to suggestions, for sure. . .

- Rod

PS. Tim, I believe somebody answered your question, but the duct for the hood channels the air up through the hood, so it doesn't get caught up under the hood or out the bottom. It would be a nice feature for sure. If I were to get one of the hoods, I would want one with the mesh and not just an open hole in the hood. But that is more just a preference than a functional need. :cool:

Back