• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New in Denver- any Acura Dealers I should Patronize, or avoid?

Hello, My wife and I just arrived in Denver from Chicago this past weekend.

I just had a bit of a nightmare with an Acura Dealer in Chicago, and I would like to avoid that painful experience here in Denver.

Are there any dealers with a good reputation that I should go to for service?

Any dealers I should avoid?

All help is appreciated

PP Acura in Colorado Springs and I hear from lots of folks that flatirons is great too. I remember hearing that the owner (?) of Flatirons brings his nsx to PP acura for service. The owner of PP Acura himself has atleast 2 personal nsx. PP Acura also sponsors and services an acura/honda race team that includes integras, RSXs and an AWESOME widebody CTSC nsx. Some members of the service staff are the drivers.

PP Acura is who I went through.

Some links from here on prime
http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108098&highlight=pikes+peak+acura
http://nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1039210&postcount=42
http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93020&highlight=pikes+peak+acura
http://nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78257&highlight=pikes+peak+acura

Last edited:
Just FYI- I am getting service for my TL, not my Dad's NSX (he lives in Houston and has great dealer support down there), so I don't need NSX techs. I just want reliable, and trustworthy service departments.

I should have posted that earlier.

Philip

I use A&H Autocare 303-400-9695 in Centennial . They have worked on all of my Honda/Acura cars (Legend, S2000, CR-V, and even the NSX). I trust them and they are always cheaper than the dealers. Ask for Gene (owner), He has always been fair and has done great work.

Hello, My wife and I just arrived in Denver from Chicago this past weekend.

I just had a bit of a nightmare with an Acura Dealer in Chicago, and I would like to avoid that painful experience here in Denver.

Are there any dealers with a good reputation that I should go to for service?

Any dealers I should avoid?

All help is appreciated

Welcome to Colorado! Unlike you, I had a great experience with my former dealer before I moved here and was dreading finding a new shop to work on my car. But, as the other poster said, Chris at Flatirons in Boulder is the MAN. He's incredibly knowledgeable on the NSX and even was able to cobble parts together to up the boost on my CT supercharger last year. I highly recommend him.

Holy Smokes....the other "Don" surfaces,if only for a brief second.:biggrin:

Hi there,

My name is Daniel. I never thought to look into this section of the forums, however, I too am an NSX owner in Colorado (Colorado Springs). I was actually driving up to Denver one night about two weeks ago and saw a black NSX (NA1) on the freeway. Would that happen to be one of you guys by any chance? I didn't happen to be in my own, but got ecstatic when I saw it. My friends didn't know why I got so excited to see another NSX when they knew I owned one, but I guess they just don't understand :)

I too am looking for places to have my car serviced when that time comes. I wasn't sure if any of you were familiar with Pikes Peak Acura over here or any reputable place in this part of Colorado. If you do, would you please let me know?

Thanks! and if you see me around, I'm in the pearl white NSX with two charcoal racing stripes that used to be owned by Leon (Hitman). I have to say, he did a good job in the car's aesthetics.

-Daniel

Holy Smokes....the other "Don" surfaces,if only for a brief second.:biggrin:

Hey DocJohn! Yes, I'm still here but all the other things that soak up time (work, skiing, marathon training, travel, etc.) have pushed car-club fun aside for a few years. Still have the NSX though and even boosted the SC up a tick recently -- the car just screams!

Nice to see you here in Colorado ;-)

Hi there,

My name is Daniel. I never thought to look into this section of the forums, however, I too am an NSX owner in Colorado (Colorado Springs). I was actually driving up to Denver one night about two weeks ago and saw a black NSX (NA1) on the freeway. Would that happen to be one of you guys by any chance? I didn't happen to be in my own, but got ecstatic when I saw it. My friends didn't know why I got so excited to see another NSX when they knew I owned one, but I guess they just don't understand :)

I too am looking for places to have my car serviced when that time comes. I wasn't sure if any of you were familiar with Pikes Peak Acura over here or any reputable place in this part of Colorado. If you do, would you please let me know?

Thanks! and if you see me around, I'm in the pearl white NSX with two charcoal racing stripes that used to be owned by Leon (Hitman). I have to say, he did a good job in the car's aesthetics.

-Daniel

I'm pretty familiar with PP acura. They were just on a minute from me so I always went to them first. A few owners here on prime had their CTSC install done by them. They have an AWESOME widebody nsx, pix are available in some links I posted above earlier.

Wow that's awesome. I was not aware that they could do CTSC installs as well. That makes that option so much more attractive, than the lovefab option i was considering + it's still carb street legal afterwards.

I called them once to inquire about the regulator replacements for both windows but that seemed kind a pricey. But anyway, thanks for this input, this is great news.

Hi there,

-Daniel

could have been me... was it dropped with bronze rims?

Wow that's awesome. I was not aware that they could do CTSC installs as well. That makes that option so much more attractive, than the lovefab option i was considering + it's still carb street legal afterwards.

Right as I moved, El Paso County (if not the entire state) did away with emissions checks! Go turbo!

Could they be on one of these threads?
Ride the Rockies 2006
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66557
Ride the Rockies 2007
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93257
Ride the Rockies 2008
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108782

Flatirons Acura in boulder.. Chris there does a great job or Pikes peak in colorado springs!!

BTW, I'm glad you still have your car man. How is the baby???? And the car??? I'm supposed to be flying out there this fall/winter but who knows for sure.........

Last edited:
It was a little too dark at the time and place to tell if it was dropped and/or had bronze rims. I know i was around the broadway exit area though and it was 3 weeks ago or so.

I gotta look through those threads too.

Do you think lovefab will ever have an emissions qualified kit in the future? I just don't know if my job will ever take me to California, and in that event, would not want to deal with having to make my car compliant.

Would you suggest a CTSC is the best option at this point? or should I maybe just wait for lovefab to work on a kit that passes emissions testing?

Anyway, didn't realize how many of us were in the CO are though.

-Daniel

Oh and sorry to go too much off the subject with the previous posts.

But to come back on track, would anyone happen to have any experience with

Advantage Auto here in Colorado Springs? They apparently specialize in Acura's and Honda's and wasn't sure if they were a reputable place to take an NSX to. Thanks!

-Dan

well sounds like it could of been me... i usually can spot if the nsx is stock or not o_O oh well

Oh and sorry to go too much off the subject with the previous posts.

But to come back on track, would anyone happen to have any experience with

Advantage Auto here in Colorado Springs? They apparently specialize in Acura's and Honda's and wasn't sure if they were a reputable place to take an NSX to. Thanks!

-Dan

Never heard of advantage auto. Everyone I know sticks with the dealers, for the springs it was usually Pike's Peak Acura

Safe guess would that there's no chance of Lovefab making a CA emission legal turbo. Find out if the springs still has emissions or not and go for the turbo. If you want to be safe, CTSC.

What are you doing out in the springs? Is it snowing yet?

Last edited:
Hi There,

I'm actually in the Air Force, right now at the Air Force Academy, which is why I am unsure of where my job will take me in the next few years. I was afraid that I may end up moving to a state where being emissions friendly is the law.

But anyway, it has been snowing here, but luckily it only came down in the springs twice, and both times, the snow melted away over the course of the day, which I'm pretty happy about.

If lovefab isn't going to be coming out with a carb legal version, I may just stick to a CTSC then and consider having it installed by pikes peak acura. Would you happen ot know of any kits that might actually be legal though?

Thanks for the input. It looks like Pikes Peak might be the place for me to go for all my maintenance and such.

-Dan

When I lived in the Springs we took all our Hondas/Acuras to Advantage Auto, except the NSX - which we took to Pikes Peak Acura. My dad knows the owner of Advantage, but the head mechanic, Troy, is who really made the place great. He moved to CA a couple/few years ago. If the other mechanic who worked during that time (Matt, also great guy) is still there it's very likely still a top-notch place (honest, good prices, work done right).

That said, for the NSX, I'd stick with Pikes Peak Acura (Paul Z) or Flatirons Acura (Chris W), depending on one's proximity to each (PPA for you since we're talking about the Springs). They have a lot of experience working on NSXS others won't and have a good reputation.

Hi There,

I'm actually in the Air Force, right now at the Air Force Academy, which is why I am unsure of where my job will take me in the next few years. I was afraid that I may end up moving to a state where being emissions friendly is the law.

But anyway, it has been snowing here, but luckily it only came down in the springs twice, and both times, the snow melted away over the course of the day, which I'm pretty happy about.

If lovefab isn't going to be coming out with a carb legal version, I may just stick to a CTSC then and consider having it installed by pikes peak acura. Would you happen ot know of any kits that might actually be legal though?

Thanks for the input. It looks like Pikes Peak might be the place for me to go for all my maintenance and such.

-Dan

PP Acura did quite a few CTSC installs in the last couple months I lived in the Springs. I was stationed out at Schriever. Was curious about the snow because I was thinking of driving the nsx there this winter. I know it hasn't snowed much during my time there but I know that if the snow starts to stick, I won't be able to get ANYWHERE in the nsx. Then who knows how long my car will be stranded....... Starting to miss it out there now. Was pondering the idea of moving back after I finish college.

Last edited:
Another recommendation for PPA, great work and service after. When I had my ctsc installed they wouldn't let me take the car until it was just right. I had their loaner car for over 3 weeks while a small fuel glitch was sorted out.

Will

Back