• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Intake and Exhaust

Autowave just completed the install of Comptech Headers with HPC coating, Comptech intake and Taitec GT Lightweight exhaust. :rolleyes:

Dyno before and after 278 to 302 rwhp........................fantastic sound as well as power gain :biggrin:

Also I can't say enough about the service of Auto Wave and Shane. If your in Orange County and looking for a reputable mechanic try them.

You can speak with Shane at Autowave. there are no other mods. Shane felt the coating on the headers helped. (appeared they were coated inside and out) 714 842 2433

Ask him about my 1998 White NSx............he can confirm the mods and HP gain

Last edited:
24 RWHP gain sounds about right to me! Good job, thanks for the post and have fun.

x15 said:
Interested to know what brand and model dyno it was?
It's been reported before. It is a Dyno Dynamic Dynamometer. You can also find other graphs off that same dyno in the forum. They also look far too powerful (higher than expected, whatever). A while back, Ryanmcd2 tried to convince the world (FI Prime readers at least :biggrin: ) that this dyno measures much lower than others. I think that blow-hard theory has been proven BS. Stock NSX dynoing 278 rwhp, I don't think so. That issue aside, the I/H/E gain looks decent. :smile:

a STOCK 98 NSX which dynoed at 278 RWHP is almost unbelievable. I don't think I have ever heard of another with that much power. It is rated at 290 at the flywheel so your car is only losing 12hp through the drivetrain?
I have a 92 with exhaust and intake and dynoed at 257 RWHP. Didn't do a before since it came with the car when I bought it. Since then, I added headers which are HPC coated inside and out but have not brought it back to dyno. My 1/4 mile times indicate that I gained at least 15+ horsepower because I turned a 13.2 at 106 compared to a 13.6 at 103 mph.
Again, we are not doubting you but just find it kind of hard to believe your car is getting so much power to the rear wheels. You are a very lucky person owning that 98 NSX. Have fun with it.

Sounds like you had good 1/4 mi times. Shane at Autowave said that some motors are just stronger than others and even with similar mods mught not have posted the same gains in HP

Back