• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Member and NSX Owner

Hello Primers,

Just wanted to introduce myself formally to this wonderful group. My name is Mark and I am from Bay Area, California. I am just joining now, but I have owned my 92 Formula Red for about a year and a half now and have done little things here and there, like new wheels, steering wheel, Eibach springs and a carbon fiber front lip to update the looks just a bit. The car is so perfect that it really does not need much at all.

As for myself, I have been a car enthusiast since I was 16 and have went through several cars that I tuned. I went from a 1995 Civic hatchback with a B18C Type-R swap to a tuned (upgraded turbo and Intercooler) 2003 Subaru WRX, to a 2001 Phoenix Yellow Integra Type R which I upgraded as well. The Integra was probably the best car I have ever owned (until the NSX of course).

However, about 2 years ago, I got married and purchased a home. The Integra had to be sold so I could fund the renovations for the house. I guess my wife felt bad for me and finally let me buy my dream car. I found a very excellent condition stock 1992 Formula Red NSX from a dealership in Hayward, CA. This dealership specializes in more exotic / high end vehicles. After drooling for about 10 minutes, I finally did a test drive. Long story short, after I came back, I was in love. There was no way I was going home without it.

I'm sure all of you heard this a million times before, but this is the best car I have ever driven. I love everything about it. This community is also great, as it helped me make informed decisions and even with my Eibach spring install. Yes, the suspension is a pain, but a 2x4 sure does help.

Again, I am happy to be a new member and I hope that I can contribute to this community.

Attachments

• NSX-Final-HDR.jpg
    NSX-Final-HDR.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 149
  • NSX2.jpg
    NSX2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 147
  • NSX3.jpg
    NSX3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 139
Welcome. Car looks great. I think most of us can relate to needing to own an NSX after driving one for the first time. My first drive was an automatic one and even then I knew I had own one. A manual transmission of course though.

Last edited:
You kept a story away from us for nearly 2ys? Welcome and enjoy

Hello hello! Be sure to check the Norcal section and come to some events. Look forward to meeting you and your car :smile:

Welcome Mark! Better late than never (about getting on Prime!). Your NSX looks great - something about the Formula Rd and Black that looks so good and aggressive (I recently sold mine and kinda miss that color combination!).

Welcome ! Jay

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Glad to be part of the Red team! After all, it is the fastest color :biggrin:.

I will definitely keep an eye out for any future events here in Norcal so I can participate and meet other members.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Glad to be part of the Red team! After all, it is the fastest color :biggrin:.

I will definitely keep an eye out for any future events here in Norcal so I can participate and meet other members.

I agree! Welcome. I picked up mine 2 days ago! 1991 5-speed.

Stock except the wheels, we'll see what kind of money I have to spend on it. I kind of spent all the money on the car, ha.

I agree! Welcome. I picked up mine 2 days ago! 1991 5-speed.

Stock except the wheels, we'll see what kind of money I have to spend on it. I kind of spent all the money on the car, ha.

I know exactly how that is like Tango. I am not one to go cheap on parts especially on an NSX. However, if you shop around hard enough, you can find some great deals out there.

What plans do you have for your NSX?

I know exactly how that is like Tango. I am not one to go cheap on parts especially on an NSX. However, if you shop around hard enough, you can find some great deals out there.

What plans do you have for your NSX?

Ah, I really don't even know yet. I still weep when I see the thing sitting in my garage. I need to do regular maintenance on it early next year -

but I would love to actually get my stereo completely functional (one of the speakers doesn't work) because I do take it to work sometimes and in traffic I can't always hear the beautiful engine :)

Not sure if I really want to take it all out and put in something like an SoS stage 1 audio setup or something like that, or if I just want to replace the speakers and try to leave it as stock as possible.

I would like to change the wheels, and eventually put stiffer springs on the front (which seems to be a common thing to do, the front end is a little softer than I would like). Of course I would end up doing all 4 corners, dampers, and stabilizer bars.

Welcome and congrats on your purchase! If you haven't already found it, make sure you check out the NSX Wiki (off the red action bar at the top of most pages) for lots of useful NSX-related information. It's a work in progress but lots of good stuff there for new owners.

Welcome! Did you just find out about Prime recently? Glad you're able to finally join the party. :cool:

Thank you Phoenix. I just joined Prime, but I have been on here for about 2 years now. It really helped me out from my initial purchase to installing my springs. So much information and a lot of friendly and knowledgeable members here.

Thank you Phoenix. I just joined Prime, but I have been on here for about 2 years now. It really helped me out from my initial purchase to installing my springs. So much information and a lot of friendly and knowledgeable members here.

Well, congrats on losing your lurker status and becoming an active & contributing member of the community!
icon14.gif

"Red team go... red team go!":wink:

Welcome! Sweet Ride!

Back