• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX on the track at Mid-Ohio

I was at Mid-Ohio with Chin Motorsports on Monday & Tuesday (May 25th & 26th). After Tuesday's session Honda brought the new NSX, a Ferrari, an Audi A8 & a Porsche to the track - apparently for their own comparison test.

The car was black & beautiful and I only saw it once go by at speed and it was WAY more quiet than the other cars!

I didn't get any pictures but I'm pretty sure Mark Hicks did & I'll try to get him to post them.

I hope you mean R8 and not A8.

yikes quiet is not what I want:rolleyes:

yikes quiet is not what I want:rolleyes:

Was thinking this morning about the sound of the new NSX.
Isn't there some regulation for cars made in the US that they have to pass a noise test of some kind?

Well sounds like they are following in the steps of the 1st generation NSX which was really quiet. Just means vendors now have the option to make louder exhaust systems for it :D.

I hope you mean R8 and not A8.

My bad! Yes, R8. Too many miles in the truck hauling the big trailer... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Did you stick around to see how it compared to the other cars??!!

Well, they only ran periodically and I didn't see the NSX on the track at the same time as the others. We had to go - too many miles to cover before crashing at a motel.

I'm pretty sure Akrapovic will be making an exhaust for it immediately having spoken to the company.

Given the sound bytes of the engine already, I think adding the raspiness of titanium will make it sound incredible.

Back