• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Release date Fall 2008

Well, at least according to this article.
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...-4A42-A05F-354DF52C3A54}&industry=Automobiles

Honda to unveil successor to NSX sports car in 2008

TOKYO (MarketWatch) -- Honda Motor Co. (HMC) is planning to start selling in 2008 a new luxury sports car with an advanced version of the V-10 engine used in the Formula One auto race, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported Friday, according to the Kyodo news service.

The new car is a successor to the NSX luxury sports car whose production was halted at the end of last year and will be placed as the high-end model of the Acura luxury brand, the report said.

The Acura brand, which was launched in the U.S. in 1986, will be introduced in Japan with some 100 dealerships by the fall of 2008, Kyodo said.

Fully utilizing state-of-the-art technologies amassed so far, Honda intends to make the successor to the NSX what its president and CEO, Takeo Fukui, calls a "super sports car in the new era," the report said, according to Kyodo.

so if Japan is going to the Acura brand as well then I wonder what we will get here in Australia and Europe Acura's or Honda's?

Heheh Gheba... nice code, but you had some bugs. This is slightly more optimized. excuse my syntax from learning multiple programming languages. :D

<CODE>define v8,v10,500bhp = null;

while true {
Honda's projected date=Today + 2yrs;
Today++;
}
else
copy ferrari + bling;
end</CODE>

AU_NSX said:
so if Japan is going to the Acura brand as well then I wonder what we will get here in Australia and Europe Acura's or Honda's?

What does it matter? You'll have that hood emblem off in no time to "reduce weight". :D :D :D

while true followed by an else??? :D :D :D

Very creative!

Aren't wee geeks? ;)

Geek-Mechanic.jpg

How encouraging, I better call my dealer and ask him to keep my name on the waiting list until lets see.........2008 in Japan...........maybe 2010, yea another 4 years should do it......I am so excited.

new luxury sports car with an advanced version of the V-10 engine used in the Formula One auto race, the Yomiuri Shimbun reported Friday, according to the Kyodo news service.
:biggrin:

It is marvelous the way Honda can say so little.

the Yomiuri Shimbun reported Friday, according to the Kyodo news service
- Does an authoritative source referenced by an authoritative source make the assertion highly authoritative or just a rumour begining its run?

new luxury sports car with an advanced version of the V-10 engine used in the Formula One auto race
- Is this the rumoured S2000/NSX missing link, or the NSX itself?

From yesterday's Auto News. Sounds like it will be a 2010 model introduced in 2009.

Acura NSX replacement not likely before 2009

Automotive News / January 10, 2006 - 1:30 pm

Don't expect the replacement for the Acura NSX sports car before 2009.

Last July, Honda Motor Co. said the next-generation NSX would arrive in "three or four years" with a V-10 engine.

Honda plans to introduce the Acura brand in Japan in the autumn of 2008. But the new NSX won't be part of the lineup for that brand launch, says Motoatsu Shiraishi, president of Honda R&D Co.

Says Shiraishi: "We don't think the NSX will be ready in time."

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060110/SUB/60110015&SearchID=73232345689456

gheba_nsx said:
while true followed by an else??? :D :D :D
Very creative!
Aren't wee geeks? ;)

Thanks man... i was wondering why it wouldn't compile. :D

The thing that concerns me is Honda is says 2-4yrs for a V10, but by then every supercar might be using V10's. If Honda got a V10 out on the market within 12-18mths, it would be something.

Back