• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX Snubbed By Chris Harris During Geneva Auto Show

There are cats on YouTube that have more views. Maybe we should base our opinions from cats? :biggrin:

View attachment 122226

- - - Updated - - -

All I am saying guys, is the new nsx is upon us. Let's enjoy it rather then care what some douche bag thinks of it. Have fun. Enjoy your car and you life. The net is for people who share opinions more so then facts. Plus, please take my own opinions with the fact that it is my opinion rather then throw stones. It is fun to share opinions, not so fun to engage people and tell them they are wrong. Every man has his own tastes and opinions. That is what makes the world less boring.
Just have fun dude. Take things for what they are worth here.

Last edited:
I guess it comes down to who watches those videos, MT attracts a general audience, CH attracts a subset of that audience that is probably more inclined to actually purchase the cars that he reviews. He used to be part of the evo Magazine crew, that particular magazine caters more towards sports cars in general compared to regular road cars.

Many pistonheads members in the UK and rennlisters in the US have met CH in person at the track, so he is well known in the Porsche community thus the high numbers of views on his P-car videos.

IMHO there is a reason why Audi/ BMW/Ferrari/Jaguar/McLaren/Mercedes/Porsche/etc invites CH for their launch events as well as previews of their new cars. For been an individual with limited resources he sure gets invited quite a lot :)

There is a difference between marketing and strategic marketing.

There are cats on YouTube that have more views. Maybe we should base our opinions from cats? :biggrin:

You may be right, but the UK has technically sold out in taking pre-orders for the NSX supposedly. So the UK audience is already convinced essentially.

Don't downplay numbers. Grumpy Cat netted some several millions of dollars:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox...a_bundesen_s_pet_really_earn_100_million.html

Numbers don't lie at the end of the day. And a broken watch is right two times at day too :rolleyes:

Not sure why this is a big controversy. CH covered the Civic-R & the Focus RS but didnt mention the NSX or the Ford GT...

Perhaps Ford GT supporters feel that CH snubbed their car too. However, is it not significant that the Ford GT was a concept car while the NSX is a production car?

Um....no? IIRC, the GT's exterior is over 95% production while the interior is still TBD. They are building it...

Well then I guess there are two controversies then, but discussing the snubbing of Ford is for another forum. So how does Harris' snubbing another car/car manufacture, make the NSX any less snubbed?

Look, it doesn't keep me up at night but it is annoying. And I am not annoyed because I am insecure, un-confident or can't think for myself. I am annoyed because there appears to be a mindset of a European car aristocracy that seems unfair and bigoted and this is just one more example of it. I guess I should be comforted that American cars/car manufacturers also get short shrift but it is of little consolation.

What is it going to take to change the tide?

I think Honda needs to create a third brand/company - a high performance sport car brand that does nothing but make cars that compete with Porsche and Ferrari. I believe they have the know how to do it. They just need to make the decision that they are all in.

Well then I guess there are two controversies then, but discussing the snubbing of Ford is for another forum. So how does Harris' snubbing another car/car manufacture, make the NSX any less snubbed?

Look, it doesn't keep me up at night but it is annoying. And I am not annoyed because I am insecure, un-confident or can't think for myself. I am annoyed because there appears to be a mindset of a European car aristocracy that seems unfair and bigoted and this is just one more example of it. I guess I should be comforted that American cars/car manufacturers also get short shrift but it is of little consolation.

What is it going to take to change the tide?

I think Honda needs to create a third brand/company - a high performance sport car brand that does nothing but make cars that compete with Porsche and Ferrari. I believe they have the know how to do it. They just need to make the decision that they are all in.

I don't disagree with you about the brand image, but he did give the Honda CTR coverage. And as I mentioned earlier, the NSX pre-orders are sold out in the UK so there is a desire/love for Honda for sure.

IMO he's one of the best if not the best automotive journalist out there.

He is a much better driver than most journalists and I tend to agree on his reviews of the dynamics of various cars that I've also driven.

I couldn't agree more. Some of you need to read up on his credentials. He is head and shoulders more qualified than most. Also, he did do a review on the original NSX and was quite honest about it and the era in which it came out in. Just because he didn't review the car you assume he hates the car? He has been quotes as stating he can't wait to see what the NSX does against the 488 and sounds like a fan of the styling.

IMO he's one of the best if not the best automotive journalist out there.

He is a much better driver than most journalists and I tend to agree on his reviews of the dynamics of various cars that I've also driven.

I agree...there is none better.

HONDA have not given any final specs on the car including weight, power etc.
No journalist/independent driver has been allowed to drive the car even as it exists at this time.
The car exists in car show pics and videos and what HONDA declares to be the "current" specifications.

Why should anyone of the merit of CH say anything without having driven the car?
What can he say that has not been said a million times by so many others....mere conjecture.

Also, he did do a review on the original NSX and was quite honest about it and the era in which it came out in.
Do you or anyone know where that is? Is it a video review?

edit: jones83, thanks for the link. Before asking, I looked on YouTube but should have googled instead!

Last edited:
NSX isn't news. It's not even "new."

Save for the classics, almost all the stuff he touched on was new stuff that hasn't been seen before.

Back