• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX thoughts/experience from those at NSXPO 2015

I just recently viewed a number of photos from the NSXPO 2015 event and saw that the new NSX is actually out there in the flesh. Can any of you comment on your thoughts/perspectives? If you all have signed NDA, I completely understand, but I thought I would ask for I truly want to hear what fellow 1st gen owners think. In particular, those lucky few who actually rode in it.

I heard that one of the requirements for the rides around the track were a total glossectomy...:eek:

The car looks MUCH better in person than in photos. I was especially disappointed in the photos of the interior but after seeing the car up close and personal, I am again looking at purchasing one. Sold my MC Blue NSX yesterday in anticipation. Hopefully my dealer will get an allocation

Car looks great yes, but is it true they wouldn't even let people sit inside the damn car at nsxpo? That's jacked up. Or at least that's what I heard from a reputable source today.

Yes, you were not allowed to sit in it, but you could stick your head inside and touch things. I shot this quick look at the inside:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/e6AnxsN123c?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I love the new car. I'm not as obsessed with the look so much as I am with the technology and engineering it contains. Same thing attracted me to the original. Ted Klaus spent some time geeking out and explaining details of the car to a small crowd of us. How the air flows through it, even down to the subtle creases in the top of the trunk lid that help guide the vortices generated by the flying buttresses. The vortices are in turn pulled downward by the vents above each taillight and the flow from the diffuser which improves downforce on the rear deck lid.

Last edited:
So, did anyone ask where the cigarette lighter/power plug is located?

Also, is that really going to be the final location of the start engine button?

Last edited:
Interior looks decent, not sure about those shiny black plastic console buttons and that rear speaker they located right behind your ear!

Car looks great yes, but is it true they wouldn't even let people sit inside the damn car at nsxpo? That's jacked up. Or at least that's what I heard from a reputable source today.

The NSX we were given is the actual NSX that will be use for the press within the next two weeks. We were asked not to talk about it until the press can do their thing since we were given a rare opportunity to have it before them. We were also asked not to sit in it because we had 250 people there and they wanted to keep it as pristine looking as possible for the press debut. But several of us did get the chance to sit in it and three won ridealongs. There are photos I posted on Prime and on my website linked in this forum.

So, did anyone ask where the cigarette lighter/power plug is located?
I believe it's on the right side of the center console directly beneath the glove box, see Bob's photo where it's hidden by a shadow.

As far as my thoughts on the new NSX: I think it's definitely cool looking but I'm not immediately in love with the real car at first sight like I was with the original NSX. All the technology sounds impressive, but without technical specs, a drive impression, and not even being able to sit in the car makes it impossible to make any kind of assessment on that front. I am concerned about rear visibility due to the massive C pillars and narrow rear window, and I'm not sure how much a blind spot monitoring system & rear camera will alleviate the issue. I don't like the visible location of the driver door key hole, and I'm not crazy about the fact that the engine hatch and trunk open together. There's also a hump in the middle of the trunk, which was supposedly unavoidable due to exhaust design, so we'll see how that affects storage (speaking of which, there is none in the front compartment--no spare tire either).

So all I can say is: I have to reserve judgment until I can actually eXperience the car.

I like an honest man....

I've always liked the proportions. It's about the size of a Huracan which is a GOOD THING. It's really quite amazing they can fit that much technology in such a small package. I'm curious what the curb weight will be.

From what I gather from Ted and Peter, with the little that they would tell me and mostly from what Ted and Michael was presenting on stage, this NSX will be just like the first one in terms of what I call "Accessible Performance". Peak numbers will matter little. It's everything in between that should set this car apart. It was interesting that Ted mentioned a small tid bit of info comparing this to the 918 Porsche.

Here are some close-up photos I took. [MENTION=5347]RSO 34[/MENTION] (please remove these photos if you think they are inappropriate)

This is a nice CF spoiler addition. Probably a dealer option or part of some kind of "sport" package.
12046721_10153253680376588_2191943116145929199_n.jpg

Looks like a Honda to me!
12063805_10153253680611588_4427881586963349343_n.jpg

I'm loving the brakes and wheel package
12107864_10153253680751588_8264011335111259090_n.jpg

CF Side splitters was a nice touch
12122814_10153253680841588_3866118247891869724_n.jpg

You are nobody if you ain't rollin' a CF roof these days
12079076_10153253680971588_7458722519995472858_n.jpg

Bar and Fin (traditional design) twin intercoolers
12115797_10153253681366588_6556903818728934760_n.jpg

Quad tip valvetronic exhaust (like yours truly's) and a true flat bottom underbody folks...
12122775_10153253681526588_125320615153049545_n.jpg

so is PD a development driver...or just the track chauffer for xpo

was he allowed to push it?.............real good...................

So....did it sound like VROOM VROOM or......

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JXK63kvUi6U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

was he allowed to push it?.............real good...................

Yes but it seemed like he pushed it harder with Ted in the car than with the ridealongs. Ted showed him first and then Peter took over and exponentially increased his speeds compared to Ted.

Yes but it seemed like he pushed it harder with Ted in the car than with the ridealongs. Ted showed him first and then Peter took over and exponentially increased his speeds compared to Ted.
I should have told PD to make all sort of insane request to stiffen the chassis. Therefore 20yrs from now we can all pretend he is the Ayrton Senna of our time. He was missing the Bruno Magli loafers though so he was already at a disadvantage. I'm just kidding. We love you Peter! :) :) :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jjbrFBE4x8A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Last edited:

I told Peter to drive it like he stole it. and he did :) he left rubber at every corner.

The NSX we were given is the actual NSX that will be use for the press within the next two weeks.
So, if the press is getting it in two weeks to do their driving evaluations/testing, then it will likely be into December until we see the results, or maybe even just basic numbers, in a published magazine. Was there any clarification of numbers in any of what Ted said? Is the 550+hp a total number with electric motors or engine alone? No hints on weight? Any enlightenment on what things they learned or were trying to fix after the cross country tour? Or is everything hush-hush for anyone who didn't attend?

Last edited:
So, if the press is getting it in two weeks to do their driving evaluations/testing, then it will likely be into December until we see the results, or maybe even just basic numbers, in a published magazine. Was there any clarification of numbers in any of what Ted said? Is the 550+hp a total number with electric motors or engine alone? No hints on weight? Any enlightenment on what things they learned or were trying to fix after the cross country tour? Or is everything hush-hush for anyone who didn't attend?
I didn't get the feeling that the attendees were hushed, though out of respect, that feeling was apparent with many of us. Acura was fairly open about the vehicle in terms of photos and access but no real concrete numbers were quoted to me personally.

No cameras or recordings were allowed in the ride-alongs. Not sure what other NDA type of things they were asked to sign though. They did the ride-along a bit quietly while everyone was having lunch in a different part of the track.

I like reading about initial impressions of the new NSX. This car looks much nicer than the prototype that has been seen the past few years. However, every switch, button, surface texture, and even the steering wheel, all look like they cam out of the same parts bin as every other Acura vehicle. While the switchgear is nice and shiny in my RLX, it would have been nice to see Acura use more hand crafted materials. Compared to a nicely optioned 911, the interior of the NSX does not look inspiring at all.

Last edited:
Back