• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New oil cap

I have some oily vapors coming from the oil cap. I've tried several times to tighten it but it doesn't help. Should I change the oil cap gasket?

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="780"><tbody><tr><td align="left" height="2" width="8%">014</td> <td align="left" height="2" width="13%">15613-PR7-A00 </td> <td height="2" width="30%">GASKET, OIL FILLER</td> <td align="center" height="2" width="7%">001</td> <td align="center" height="2" width="6%">1991</td> <td align="left" height="2" width="7%">NSX</td> <td align="right" height="2" width="6%">30.63</td> <td align="right" height="2" width="6%">22.97</td></tr></tbody></table>
thanks.

I didn't even know the gasket had its own part number. Is that the gasket that comes off with the cap?

If so, why not just buy a new cap? For about five bucks more than the cost of that gasket you can get a new jdm chrome Honda cap from Science of Speed.

you can use a oil cap from any honda. they all fit.

I used the cap from a honda accord that had the honda logo built into it
better than the OEM version of the cap that comes with the car.

I didn't even know the gasket had its own part number. Is that the gasket that comes off with the cap?

If so, why not just buy a new cap? For about five bucks more than the cost of that gasket you can get a new jdm chrome Honda cap from Science of Speed.

If it comes with the cap, then I'm all right since I have the chrome one in the mail right now =)

I had one on my S2000. I thought it looked nice and its just an OEM cap (the best) with a metal overlay. I had a gen-u-wine Spoon cap that would not fit properly on the S2000 valve cover, but fit fine on a different S2000 valve cover. Yet the oem cap fit both covers fine. Really wierd. Although I have a cheap (but nice looking) "Use MOBIL 1 Synthetic Only" "billet" cap now (it came with the car), I still think its OEM ftw.

If so, why not just buy a new cap?
I was thinking the same thing. The stock oil filler cap for the NSX (P/N 15610-PR7-A00) actually costs less than the gasket listed above. I'm not sure what that gasket part number even refers to, since I thought the gasket is part of the cap. :confused:

I was thinking the same thing. The stock oil filler cap for the NSX (P/N 15610-PR7-A00) actually costs less than the gasket listed above. I'm not sure what that gasket part number even refers to, since I thought the gasket is part of the cap. :confused:

Really strange! Look at this picture. Number 14 is the gasket, which is more expensive than 13, which is both the cap and the gasket.

13sl001_e09.png

Back