• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Orleans Area NSX Owners

Anybody in the New Orleans area? Moving there this summer and I definitely know of two. Are you on prime?

Looking for some info on good (read "safe") areas to live. Any local meets?

Coming out from SoCal where we have a very active car enthusiast crowd, so I'm hoping to find more, or maybe kickstart something.

Anybody in the New Orleans area? Moving there this summer and I definitely know of two. Are you on prime?

Looking for some info on good (read "safe") areas to live. Any local meets?

Coming out from SoCal where we have a very active car enthusiast crowd, so I'm hoping to find more, or maybe kickstart something.

Spent last two years there. Try to live in Metairie, its close to NO and fairly safe.
No local meets or active car enthusiast crowd. Its a totally different culture and way of life. Its not like So Calif. at all so learn to adjust quick or you will be dissappointed big time.
I saw two NSX there in two years...one blue has a SC and a red one all blinged out.
No Problem Race Way is a good way to meet car enthusiasts. They have a website.

Thanks for the input liftnot. We're looking at Metairie and Lakeside right now. We'd like to be near City Park. Not sure we can afford Old Metairie, but that would be ideal.

Looks like No Problem Raceway Park is close enough to drive to, race, drive home in the nsx.

I live in Monroe, Louisiana at the moment. Im attending ULM. But my family lives in Metairie, about 15 minutes away from City Park about a block away from the lake. Go to this website to meet some local car "enthusiasts" : nostreetracing.org Definitely check out the thread entitled "Lake Front Meet 2009" It's the biggest meet of the year and you're just in time to make plans for it being it's a month and a half away. Welcome to the site! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Picked up a place in Metairie, LA. Will be out there in July. Hope to meet some fellow enthusiasts. Make yourselves known! Not sure if I can handle the withdrawl from SoCal without some help from fellow car guys.

-Jorge

I feel for you Jorge. I ran into a couple NSX guys down there and they were the bling/JDM type. I did not waste my time to pursuit further. I did get to meet a group of local racers and one of them,Charlie has a nsx. These guys frequent No Problem RaceWay in various type of cars and get together once a wk for lunch to shoot the breeze in Metairie. Its actually funny to hear different racing stories. Most of them are seasoned racers.
They don;t talk about what jdm parts you have or what wheel is cool...etc. SC or Turbo...etc.
you can google the raceway to see what the next road race event is. Its gonna be quite hot and muggy thats for sure.
PM me if you want a contact. The guys are most friendly to outsiders.

there are a few cool cars in the area but cetainly not at the Southern Calif.level. Its better to change your expectation than trying to find something that can not be found.

otherwise, there is nothing else going on. the yearly French Quarter Ferrari event only has regular Ferrari although back in 2004, they had a real F1 Ferrari car there running on the track:biggrin:

Watch out for all the pot holes.

I'm north of NO a few hours but rolling 2 X's deep:biggrin:

I live In Baton Rouge, and drive a Black on Black, 96 NSX-t, with aftermarket Montage Wheels, Koni adjustable shocks, lowered 1 and 1/2 inches, comptech intake and headers, JDM dark "H" tailights, black "H" badge on the front, and Taitec Parallel Exit Exhaust.
I get literally 15-25 comments on how beautiful the car is every day I drive it. I do roofing sales out of it, with a cool fold up ladder that fits in the trunk. My bosses at first told me I needed a truck, as they thought that driving up to a client's home in the badass NSX would affect my sales because it would make it look like I made too much money, but, the car actually has helped me become the #1 salesman in the company, as people love the car, and at some point in my sales pitch, the car invariably comes up in conversation. It is always the client who brings it up, and, I tell them my truck is on the fritz and so I am forced to drive my "weekender".
When I tell them it is a 96 and I did not pay that much for it, it seems to disarm almost all of the clients. I actually allow customers to drive my car if they want to, and, they almost always sign a contract afterwards.
I have told clients about NSXPRIME and sometimes they go inside while I am on their roof and read about NSXs. It works out well and I sell a boatload of roofs after the frequent Hail, wind, tornado, or Hurricanes. I love My NSX and will probably drive one till they put me in the ground.

BANG FOR THE BUCK, THE NSX IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE BEST CAR IN THE WORLD.

Fianally, me and a friend of mine went to Destin, Florida to watch offshore powerboat races and chck out the chicks on the beach while watching the Ms. Geico pass by at 175mph. A friend of mine owns and drives the Popeye's boat. Anyway, another friend of mine that went with me drove his 5year old Blck corvette ZO6. The first day there when we went out cruising and he told me to drive his car. While it hauled ass, it was soo very cheaply made relative to my much older NSX, I could fell the springs in the seat sticking me in the ass and it seemed to rattle a lot. NOT ONE PERSON EVER SAID "NICE CAR" OR " WHAT THE HELL IS THAT, IT IS BEAUTIFUL."

tHE NEXT DAY I HAD HIM DRIVE MY CAR FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS. AT ALMOST EVERY STOPLIGHT OR PARKING LOT PEOPLE WOULD PULL UP OR YELL OUT STUFF LIKE " COOL CAR" OR THAT THING IS BEAUTIFUL, I MEAN IT WENT ON AND ON, PROBABLY IN EXCESS OF 50 COMPLIMENTS OR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CAR. ALSO WHEN WE WOULD COMEOUT OF A RESTARAUNT OR STORE PEOPLE WOULD BE TAKING PICTURES OF THE CAR.
MY FRIEND SAYS HE NOW IS LOOKING FOR A NSX. GO FIGURE!!!

Back