• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEW Owner of a 2003 NSX-T!

I am VERY happy to say that after years of waiting and dreaming of this car, I finally picked up a brand new 2003 Silverstone Mettalic/Onyx Leather 6-Speed from Niello Acura in Sacramento!

The staff was VERY helpful. My experience was very pleasant unlike ANY other dealership.

I must say this car is one AWESOME machine. I flew to Niello Acura from Los Angeles, Friday morning 8/22, drove it down 100 miles to San Francisco, stayed there for the weekend, and drove it back all the way down to Los Angeles (almost an additional 400 miles) I got so many compliments from the residents in SF!

In Total, it had about 550 miles by the time I got back to LA.. The drive down to LA was mostly in 6th gear, and made sure not to rev over 5k even though it was soooooo tempting...

I thought 500 miles in 6th gear was a pretty good break in so I decided to play around a bit in VTEC once I got back will full throttle.. Hopefully, this wasnt too early!!!

Just to recap, the lease promo is as follows:

$2500 drive-off includes: $875 deposit, $600 (rounded) registration, first payment plus tax $864, and the rest for tax and license... All in all, I'm pretty confident that I got a pretty good deal.. $799/month plus tax, 36 months, and only 15 cents for overage on mileage.

Now I gotta get rid of my 2001 IS300. It is for sale. 31k miles, Blue/Black Leather, E-Shift, HID, keyless entry, 17" graphite wheels, L-Sportline bumper and rear trunk lip, H&R's... and more..
This car was definitely maintained well and is in great shape mechanically and cosmetically.

I will have pix posted of my IS300 AND NSX very soon!!!!

Thanx to everyone for all the help!

Excellent news!! Seeing your username here every so often, I always wondered when you would be pulling the trigger! Great to hear it happened.

Looking forward to seeing you and the car at any of the numerous SoCal meets and most definitely at NSXPO!!! (Maybe someone can cut you a break and let you register for the early bird price if you haven't already done so since you're a new owner! ;))

-Randy

congrats... that's big chunk of change of every month.. better drive that NSX everyday...

I can relate! Picked up a new red/black 03 from Modesto, CA and drove it to Phoenix in one long day (last week). Here's how I felt all day - WHOOO HOOOOOO !!!!!

YESSSS

I definitely found the color I wanted!

The ride down was very nice... I will have pics up soon..

So pushing the car in VTEC after 500 miles was done isnt gunna harm the car right????

Thanks!

;)

"NSXnowIS300gone"

Are you ready to come out and play? You are aware that there is a autox on Sept 6 at Hollywood Park. Look forward to meet you at our monthly meeting or at the autox. Welcome !

IS300nowNSXsoon said:
So pushing the car in VTEC after 500 miles was done isnt gunna harm the car right????

I think 500 miles is the breakin period. There is a small section in the owners manual about this. I read it a couple months ago when I was breaking mine in, but have since forgotten the specifics.

ENJOY !!!

I also got my first NSX 3 weeks ago...a 2000 with only 2800 miles. I drove it home from Wisconsin to Oregon...that added 2,200 miles. Now I can't stop driving it. I find myself taking the really long way home from work. I've added another 400 miles since getting it home. You know...what the hell...it's a car. If I just wanted to look at something I would have bought artwork. Drive the rubber off that new car of yours and enjoy every minute.
Tim

Re: ENJOY !!!

TimzX said:
I also got my first NSX 3 weeks ago...a 2000 with only 2800 miles. I drove it home from Wisconsin to Oregon...that added 2,200 miles. Now I can't stop driving it. I find myself taking the really long way home from work. I've added another 400 miles since getting it home. You know...what the hell...it's a car. If I just wanted to look at something I would have bought artwork. Drive the rubber off that new car of yours and enjoy every minute.
Tim

it took the previous owner 3 years to drive 2800 miles and take you only 3 days for the same amount of milage on the car
:cool:

Back