• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of a 91NSX got a few questions

Got a 91 with 86K I know higher mileage cars need some maintenance. What if anything should I have checked out and replaced.. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thx
Jeff

Unless you know what's already been done, I would suggest you have them do everything listed in your owner's manual for the 60K and 90K maintenance. Expect to pay around $2000 (roughly $800 for the 60K service plus $1200 for the timing belt and water pump replacement in the 90K service).

Also, buy a set of the Dali Racing window fix-it thingies and have them check the window regulators. If they are the old style, have them install the fix-it thingies. Click here and here for more information.

I don't know if this is in the 60k or 90k services nsxtasy mentioned, but I would also strongly recommend replacing all of the radiator hoses. You may also want to check the struts holding the engine cover glass up (this is something easy to overlook when purchasing an older NSX). Good luck and congratulations on your new purchase!!
up.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

The struts that hold up the engine hatch cover and the trunk lid will start failing to do so after 5-6 years. Testing for them is easy - if they hold up the cover/lid, they work. They're around $100 per set to replace. If they're working, they've probably been replaced once already.

I agree that replacing coolant hoses are a good idea. Most NSXs have never done this.

your bose capacitors are probalby on the brink of self destruction, have already been destroyed, or will do so in the near future.
get the timing belt/water pump, windows, and radiator hoses done. They are crucial and not doing so will cause u more damage than good... and more mony than just getting it over with in the first place.

Back