• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner questions

I have been looking for the right NSX for 4 years and found it in December, what an awesome machine. 2003 Silverstone. And I found it on NSX Prime - thanks guys for being here.

Question 1 - What is your typical running electrical system voltage. My car runs at 14.9 volts and I verfiied this with an independant meter. This seems high to me compared to other cars I have owned. Is this normal?

Question 2 - My car is lowered 1.25 inches (Eibach springs). This results in a few degrees of negative camber, making the car a little squirlly at times. Any simple fix to take out some of the negative camber - besides re-installing the original springs?

Thanks
NSXChipDSC02514.jpgDSC02519.jpg

The volts are right....all NSX's run in the high range....I'm not sure about the camber issue besides going with Blisteins on lower perch and installing the stock springs. It gives you about a 1 inch drop and can run at stock specs.

Love the color!!!

Question 2 - My car is lowered 1.25 inches (Eibach springs). This results in a few degrees of negative camber, making the car a little squirlly at times. Any simple fix to take out some of the negative camber - besides re-installing the original springs?

Can you please elaborate on squirrelly? What behavior is not to your liking? We'll need more to go on. Negative camber in and of itself would not have any ill effects on handling (to a point). Do you know your alignment specs?

Have you had the alignment checked since you purchased it? You should be able to get it close to spec as long as the person aligning it knows the procedure for this car.

Thanks for info on running voltage. I had no comparison to use. I'll have to get under the car and see what the lower perch looks like.

Love your color too. Onyx interior? Mine is silver. I thought it would be too much silver (inside and out) but once I saw it in person, its great.

- - - Updated - - -

Squirlly.........The car darts around under moderate to hard acceleration, especially when pavement is a little uneven. Also, when accelerating in a corner and I upshift,,, as the suspension momentarily unloads until I get into the next gear, I lose the set and the car pushes to the outside requiring steering correction.

- - - Updated - - -

No I haven't had alignment checked. Thanks for suggestion.

Squirlly.........The car darts around under moderate to hard acceleration, especially when pavement is a little uneven. Also, when accelerating in a corner and I upshift,,, as the suspension momentarily unloads until I get into the next gear, I lose the set and the car pushes to the outside requiring steering correction.
So the grip of the tires is iffy, which may be due to using crappy tires, and the car has a slight tendency to understeer, which is generally normal but may also be a function of tires that are mismatched or tire sizes that are not optimal. What make, model, and size of tire do you have on each corner of the car?

This car is very sensitive to alignment. You absolutely need to just get it properly aligned. Your rear toe may be out. Do a search under author stuntman and search word alignment. Hand those settings to your alignment guy. I think your tires are fine.

This car is very sensitive to alignment. You absolutely need to just get it properly aligned. Your rear toe may be out. Do a search under author stuntman and search word alignment. Hand those settings to your alignment guy. I think your tires are fine.

+1 This car can be very dangerous if mis-aligned. Make sure you get a correct alignment. As Dave said, stuntman's alignment settings are great, but the standard Acura ones are just fine too. I would recommend getting it done at Acura since the NSX alignment procedure is different than most cars and your average corner shop may not know how to do it correctly.

Back