• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner - Red '94 Honda NSX (oops I mean Acrua)

I finally bought it after driving by it for several months at a local used car lot (mostly Mercedes, BMW, Porsche, Corvette, etc. high end cars). Red '94 Coupe. Has been repainted, but to a very high standard. Top is body color now. 89,000 miles. Sale is still contingent on comprehensive pre-purchase inspection by shop knowledgable about NSX, but I think it will pass. Test drove it, and in handles as flat as a pancake. Love the manual steering rack. Taking delivery in 2 days. Wooooohhhooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

cool,

are you excited or what?

Yes, very excited. But I won't have my hands on it until Thursday night (3/31/11) at the earliest. Still working on financing (but think I have two approvals to chose from) and the mechanical inspection.

Can't wait!!! :cool:

Cograts! Hope all the planets align in your favor. Took a little getting used to, but the manual steering is on the short list of my favorite things about the early NSX's. Don't forget to post those pics!:smile:

Unfortunately, it does not come with original wheels. But looks pretty nice.

NSX1.jpg

NSX2.jpg

the car itself looks great man, though I dont think I can do the wheels. If it was lowered it would look a lot better with the wheels. But then again, all nsx's stock height look like monster trucks to me lol.

the car itself looks great man, though I dont think I can do the wheels. If it was lowered it would look a lot better with the wheels. But then again, all nsx's stock height look like monster trucks to me lol.

Yeah, those wheels suck, but they are not a deal breaker for me. I will look for a set of original wheels or at least something that is closer to stock and not so gaudy.

NSXFTW I love your new Signiture, another NSX owned by Shawn LOL

I agree thought the rims dont do it for me. like NSXFTW Said maybe lowed might make the wheels pop out at ya.

I love red when you get it dont speed till your in your own neighborhood.

cops love pulling these cars over.

congrats again & welcome to prime forums....

Congratulations!

I don't know, I don't think the wheels are that bad. I wouldn't necessarily pick them but I do think lowering will help a lot more than you think.

Those wheels are the old Racing Hart CR. Those were da bomb! back in the day. . .

Congrats, the wheels are not too bad. I would take those over the oem 15/16 inch wheels any day of the week after you lower the car.

Those wheels are the old Racing Hart CR. Those were da bomb! back in the day. . .

lol. Maybe it will look better when lowered, with those wheels. I don't want to spend a lot more money on the car, after having just bought it. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with my NSX yet.

Too nice to track, but I am a racing/open track addict, so I doubt it will be long before I talk myself into running on the road courses of California and Nevada.

Would make a great daily driver, but I commute 80 miles every weekday, and I don't want to put that kind of mileage on it. It already has 89,000+ miles.

Is it an investment? Well, in the long run, yes. The older NSX seem to be holding their value and not depreciating anymore, but a substantial appreciation in value is probably not in the cards until maybe 10 years from now.

To get girls? Well, at my age, it's middle-aged women, who aren't all that impressed with cars the way young women are. lmfao.

But any way you slice it, I'm very happy with my purchase.

...Would make a great daily driver, but I commute 80 miles every weekday, and I don't want to put that kind of mileage on it. It already has 89,000+ miles...

Congrats on your new car! As far as the mileage, you are already close to 100,000 miles anyway, so who cares about putting more on it? If it was a 30,000 mile car I would understand, but it is already up there on the mileage. I have been daily driving my 1994 NSX for almost a decade and just turned 175,100 miles earlier today. Almost 30 mpg of 50 - 120 miles per day driving (depending on how many customers I need to see), and I love ever day in my car. Tomorrow is not promised, so enjoy it today. :smile:

Back