• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Race Track Coming to Town? <Kansas City Area>

Hello my NSX Friends. I just wanted to keep you guys “in the loop” of a potential race track that is in the planning. This race track will be in Louisburg KS (Just south of KC). I am planning a open meeting with the developer and us car guys in the next few months. At this meeting you will be able to ask questions and offer your input. I will keep you guys posted as I receive information. Let me know if there is interest from the NSX group.

Jerry Dobson
VP Viper Club of America Kansas City Region
VP Ferrari Club of America Kansas City Chapter

-----Original Message-----

Good morning Jerry! I'm the managing partner for Apex MotorSports, LLC. I thought I'd follow-up with you on where we're at on the project Sandy refers to.

The 223rd and 169 location was not functional for us, primarily because of the nearness of family homes. We have instead purchased 532 acres at 335st and 69 HW, just south of Louisburg. We have a preliminary concept drawing from Alan Wilson our track architect, and his two-track design is very interesting totaling 3.8miles.

We've retained Trozzolo (who does the promotion and marketing for Kansas Speedway) to do our marketing. On the Engineering side, we've been working with three different firms for support of topographical maps, traffic study, sound study, environmental, utilities, roads, infrastructure, soil boring, etc. In addition we have two architects working on building-clubhouse ideas.

We plan to file for a CUP with the county in February. If successful, we'll probably start construction this spring. We've been conducting one-on-one sessions with the neighbors to inform them about our project. We have some challenges in that area but so far it looks good. The county commissioners appear to be positive about the project assuming we can accommodate the neighbors' needs.

By mid March we should have a better idea about whether or not this project is a go. At that time we'll set up our website and begin marketing. We've looked at a number of different venue ideas over the last 15 months and believe that a modified members club would work best in this area. We're very anxious to share our ideas with the car enthusiasts in the area. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions...if I have the answers at this point.

The current ownership is Apex and Watkins Real Estate (our developer). Apex owns majority interest. Once we launch the project we will look at expanding ownership if there is sufficient interest. Right now our focus is the zoning.

Jerry, a drag strip is not in our plans, however, we are still hoping to include a kart track. A kart track was part of Alan's first rendering, but to include it we would have to impose upon the flood plain which runs through the property. You might know that crossing a federally designated flood plain is long and costly. So, we're looking, if you can believe it, to purchase additional land in an area that will accommodate a kart track. An offer is on the table but we won't know for probably a month if our offer will be accepted.

We've ordered a 6' x 6' 3D model of the acreage depicting the track layout and potential hunting operation within the property available for members if we can make it work. That should be done in February. We'd be glad to share the layout with your group once it becomes available. It should help answer many of the questions about why we are approaching the venue as we are. You'll be able to see the possibilities as well as the challenges we're facing.

Please feel free to share the information, and let me know what further questions we can assist you with.

Thanks
Tim

MarkB said:
At 3.8 miles it would be one of the longer tracks
It's a two-track design. 3.8 miles is probably the total of all the track pavement configurations. There's no indication whether the two tracks connect, or, if so, the length of the "full track" configuration...

Back