• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New rubber just came in

Can't wait to test these. :)))

91 Orange NSX- AP-X Turbo
08 Lexus IS350
06 Lexus IS250 awd for sale
2012 Acura TL awd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336166198.126379.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336166198.126379.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 326
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336166211.814513.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336166211.814513.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 216
Those look great!

No dis intended, but I've got a great story from when I was at Road America years back talking to PD Cunningham. After tooling around a couple laps in his T1 World Challenge supercharged NSX that was mandatorily running Toyo tires, I asked him what he liked about them, he paused...for a long time...and said "Well, they're round."

He went on to say they were a good street tire but had no place on a car you intended to run fast laps in - safely and consistently. That was then...tire tech has come a long way since.

Post pics with them mounted!

Awesome tire!!! Just wondering what the heck you're going to do for the fronts...:confused:

Awesome tire!!! Just wondering what the heck you're going to do for the fronts...:confused:

They don't make the proper size for my fronts...SO these will have to do to keep the car looking sick and keep the traction in place.

I will buy a set of 17 18 rims and get same tires for track but needed the traction for the time being on my 18 19 combo.

Are these track only tires? If not, the tread looks like it would hydroplane in the wet.

I've got two track days @ Thunder Hill & Infineon Raceway on the R888.
235/40 ZR17 & 285/30 ZR18
Had to roll my front fenders and massage the inner fender wall but they fit.
Very predictable and grippy R compound tire but not as fast as the Hoosiers which I will be switching to next.
DSC00220-5.jpg

DSC00220-4.jpg

Last edited:
I've got two track days @ Thunder Hill & Infineon Raceway on the R888.
235/40 ZR17 & 285/30 ZR18
Had to roll my front fenders and massage the inner fender wall but they fit.
Very grippy R compound tire but not as fast as the Hoosiers which I will be switching to next.

What size Hoosiers for 17/18? Doesn't Hoosier's have a different sizing chart or am I thinking of something else?

What size Hoosiers for 17/18? Doesn't Hoosier's have a different sizing chart or am I thinking of something else?

According to the 'Zen Master' (Shad Hundley/Driving Ambition) the optimum track tire for the NSX is the Hoosier R6 (front) & A6 (rear).

Front: R6 225/40 ZR17
Rear: A6 275/35 ZR18

Hoosier Size Chart

According to the 'Zen Master' (Shad Hundley/Driving Ambition) the optimum track tire for the NSX is the Hoosier R6 (front) & A6 (rear).

Front: R6 225/40 ZR17
Rear: A6 275/35 ZR18

Hoosier Size Chart

Any more info on why the R6 for the front, but the A6 for the rears?

Any more info on why the R6 for the front, but the A6 for the rears?
Actually, I had that backwards. A6's in front would be the optimum set-up for a light weight car (-2500lb). Anything heavier would chew them up too quickly. This was Kip Olsen's Sears Point set-up when he set the track record for SCCA/SP. Sorry for the confusion.

They don't make the proper size for my fronts...SO these will have to do to keep the car looking sick and keep the traction in place.

I will buy a set of 17 18 rims and get same tires for track but needed the traction for the time being on my 18 19 combo.
What sizes are offered for the fronts in 18'.

Actually, I had that backwards. A6's in front would be the optimum set-up for a light weight car (-2500lb). Anything heavier would chew them up too quickly. This was Kip Olsen's Sears Point set-up when he set the track record for SCCA/SP. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries...what about for an NSX-T...3000+lb...?

Back