• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Stereo Direction... Help?

I'm still working on my stereo upgrade and may want to take it in a different direction. The thing I want to keep is my new center console (still need to do the final fitting and painting) with a single din head unit. With the new console, I now have space for my wallet, phone, glasses, etc. My daily drive now has the necessary space for these items.

I currently have the JVC-NX5000 Head Unit. I am thinking that the glare with the t-top off will be brutal. Is there a single din head unit that has video out so I can hook up a screen in a Nav Pod.

Head Unit needs:
Single Din
Bluetooth
iPod/iPhone
Navigation (not necessary, but would be nice)
Video Out (for ipod/iphone control and possibly Navigation)

My concern is that any head unit outher than stock will be very difficult to read/see when I take off the t-top. Since I drive with it off 75% of the time, visibility is key.

I would even consider a flip out screen head unit as long at it has controls on the face (pop up screen not needed to control the head unit) and video out so I could use the nav pod screen for viewing.

Am I asking for the impossible?

Attachments

• DSC_0412.1.jpg
    DSC_0412.1.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC_0413.1.jpg
    DSC_0413.1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0414.1.jpg
    DSC_0414.1.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 157
There is an alpine single din unit with a dvd out and i think all the features you mentioned. Its on their website.

Back