• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New taillight gaskets

Hello,
I just had a question regarding replacing new taill gaskets on my first GEN 91 Nsx. I have a set of new OE gaskets and I was wondering if one side of the gasket has adhesive on it & one side of the gasket has no adhesive. if only one side of the gasket has adhesive on it, how do you apply it? On the body or on the taillight itself?
curious to know.

Just did mine, you place the adhesive side on the taillight assembly itself. You’ll notice that the old gasket is stuck to the old assembly, not so much the car.

I replaced mine while doing the JDM tail lights on my NA1 as well. The four gaskets are also numbered as different parts for left and right sides so do be mindful of that.

Also, the center garnish uses circular gasket washers (part 75523-SD4-003) for each of the four screw posts. Over time these flatten and disintegrate. You should also replace them. You will need four but I recommend getting eight, I do believe they are used in other parts of the taillights.

Last edited:
Just did mine, you place the adhesive side on the taillight assembly itself. You’ll notice that the old gasket is stuck to the old assembly, not so much the car.

I replaced mine while doing the JDM tail lights on my NA1 as well. The four gaskets are also numbered as different parts for left and right sides so do be mindful of that.

Also, the center garnish uses circular gasket washers (part 75523-SD4-003) for each of the four screw posts. Over time these flatten and disintegrate. You should also replace them. You will need four but I recommend getting eight, I do believe they are used in other parts of the taillights.
Thank you so much for replying!
All taillight gaskets were replaced correctly and I also ended up replacing the center garnish along with all new gaskets as well.
Enjoy your Nsx!

Back