New TE37 SL

Forgot to mention that the 19" versions of these were announced recently.

te37sl_19.jpg

The narrowest 18 inch wheels they have are 18x8.5, this would not be too conservative :)

Would 18/18 hurt performance much? I want one set of wheels for the street and lapping days. Car isn't a daily driver.

Thanks Prime

I was told:

Tall wheel = short tire, short tire = less tire wall roll
Tall wheel with short tire is havier than short wheel with tall tire

I talked to few old school NSX track addicts and they all told me the same thing, 16x7.5 to 16x8 in front and 17x9 to 17x9.5 with some stiff sidewall tire like the nitto R888s.

yep. 18x8.5 +35. Not sure if anyone has tried this, but I posted in the 18x8.5 +40 thread asking!

I have an idea. I have my Evo winter tires on 17x8 +35 offset and the tire is 225/50R17. Not much difference, let me know if you want to try it our on your car, in case you're wondering I have 4 of those! :)

Last edited:
yep. 18x8.5 +35. Not sure if anyone has tried this, but I posted in the 18x8.5 +40 thread asking!

Actually the 18x8.5 +35 is the WRONG bolt pattern (5x120)!!

You would have to go 18x9 +45 and that's not going to happen on a factory fendered NSX front. :smile:

Last edited:
Why do they make it so hard to Get these wheels? I mean why not make a lot of them and stock them in US stores:confused: Seriously if they had it in stores, today, on a day where I really want these new TE37SL. I would of just bought it and got it over with. Or somehow make them get to USA within the month of you puchasing it from over seas.

Actually the 18x8.5 +35 is the WRONG bolt pattern (5x120)!!

That's easy to fix - you can redrill 120 to 114. But only the really insane would buy a $800 wheel and do that...

Last edited:
Most TE37SL's are "we're" in stock in BMW, GTR sizing. But due to the popularity and the new lower cost, it's hard to keep them in stock.

They are usually sold out, before we even get have carry a stocking set.

This is how "HOT" this wheel is right now. :biggrin:

Why do they make it so hard to Get these wheels? I mean why not make a lot of them and stock them in US stores:confused: Seriously if they had it in stores, today, on a day where I really want these new TE37SL. I would of just bought it and got it over with. Or somehow make them get to USA within the month of you puchasing it from over seas.

The TE37SL comes in 2 faces for 17" and and 3 faces for 18" sizing.

Face 1: Flat Face, No Concave. Anything below 9" width, and higher than +22 offset.

Face 2: Concave, starts at 17 x 9 +22, and 18 x 9.5 +22

Face 3: Deep Concave, Only available in 18 x 10.5/11 +20/+18

The TE37SL comes in 2 faces for 17" and and 3 faces for 18" sizing.

Face 1: Flat Face, No Concave. Anything below 9" width, and higher than +22 offset.

Face 2: Concave, starts at 17 x 9 +22, and 18 x 9.5 +22

Face 3: Deep Concave, Only available in 18 x 10.5/11 +20/+18

If I were to run face 2, what size spacers are required?

No spacers for the rear needed, 9.5 +22 is quite agressive. You would need to be lowered to induced negative camber or it would stick out the fender line.

The NSX was also intended for "racing" yet almost everyone bought the targa :biggrin:

the "NSX-R" was intended for racing, however, the NSX is just a sports car!
just like the regular TE37 and the TE37 SL!

according to Yamada san (Tarzan) the 19" SL is made for the time attack GTR 35!!

prefect size for the SL would be 17x7.5 +40 and 18x9.5 +35/+22! most track guys use 235 tire in the front, so the 7.5 +40 will have more room for the 235 tires!

Last edited:

according to Yamada san (Tarzan) the 19" SL is made for the time attack GTR 35!!

prefect size for the SL would be 17x7.5 +40 and 18x9.5 +35/+22! most track guys use 235 tire in the front, so the 7.5 +40 will have more room for the 235 tires!

So would a +22 offset in the rear be too much? could I run a 265 tire without issue?

How low would I need to go for ride height from stock?

I agree with you. I have enkei RPF1 16x8/17x9.5 for racing:)

So would a +22 offset in the rear be too much? could I run a 265 tire without issue?

How low would I need to go for ride height from stock?

Below is a 19x9.5 +23 with a 275/30/19 tire lowered on Eibach springs. There was no rubbing with this setup.
IMG_05161.jpg

A +22 will stick out 1mm more than this ^. If you run 265, there will be more stretch, effectively giving you more clearance than the 275 in this picture.

Lastly you don't need to lower the car at all. The suspension geometry automatically pulls the wheel inward as it compresses as seen below:
Raised.jpg

NoSpacer2.jpg

Last edited:
Below is a 19x9.5 +23 with a 275/30/19 tire lowered on Eibach springs. There was no rubbing with this setup.
IMG_05161.jpg

A +22 will stick out 1mm more than this ^. If you run 265, there will be more stretch, effectively giving you more clearance than the 275 in this picture.

Lastly you don't need to lower the car at all. The suspension geometry automatically pulls the wheel inward as it compresses as seen below:
Raised.jpg

NoSpacer2.jpg

This looks good and should concrete My decision. In theory the shorter wheel and slightly narrower tires will work, even though the offset is greater by 1mm. The KW V3's I'm throwing on should allow Me to dial it in without being too aggressive.

Do You know the ride height with this setup in the pictures? It's not stock is it?

This looks good and should concrete My decision. In theory the shorter wheel and slightly narrower tires will work, even though the offset is greater by 1mm. The KW V3's I'm throwing on should allow Me to dial it in without being too aggressive.

Do You know the ride height with this setup in the pictures? It's not stock is it?

Lowered on Eibachs, so ~1.5" drop

Back