• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New tires installed at your home?

I just discovered a flat front tire leaking at the rim. Since it won't hold air, my options are to put on the spare, or have it towed to the local tire shop. So after finding that Tire Rack offers the OEM Bridgestones for $185 each, I was about to have them shipped to their local recommended installer but...lo and behold, one of their listed installers does mobile installations of tires "at the convenience of your home or office". This sounds great, because, being an anal NSX owner, I liked the fact that my spare was never removed, let alone used. But I'm concerned about using this new fangled type of installation. Their Tire Rack site details say they:
1. Use lazer on-car balancing with a patented mobile system
2. No dangerous lug bolt or tire removal..
Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Should I pursue this option, or just bite the bullet, use the spare, or have AAA flatbed tow it to the local shop?
Your comments and help would be most appreciated!
-Corey

Do what 99.9% of us do. Jack the car up, take the wheel off, toss it in your daily driver trunk, drive to the local tire shop (high end shop with a Hunter brand overhead touchless mounter for aftermarket wheels) TR will ship the tire there. They will mount and balance it. Toss it back in the trunk, and take it home. If you TRUELY are anal about your NSX, than this is your option. You are in control 100% of every step, right down to the torque on your lugs. I always use Hunter machines, and ask for the most experienced guy. PS I reccomend buying tires in pairs.

I just discovered a flat front tire leaking at the rim. Since it won't hold air, my options are to put on the spare, or have it towed to the local tire shop. So after finding that Tire Rack offers the OEM Bridgestones for $185 each, I was about to have them shipped to their local recommended installer but...lo and behold, one of their listed installers does mobile installations of tires "at the convenience of your home or office". This sounds great, because, being an anal NSX owner, I liked the fact that my spare was never removed, let alone used. But I'm concerned about using this new fangled type of installation. Their Tire Rack site details say they:
1. Use lazer on-car balancing with a patented mobile system
2. No dangerous lug bolt or tire removal..
Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? Should I pursue this option, or just bite the bullet, use the spare, or have AAA flatbed tow it to the local shop?
Your comments and help would be most appreciated!
-Corey

Here's an East Coast company that does this...although not your area it will give you something to compare services to.........

http://www.tirevan.com/Technology.aspx

Back